ABA Alliance is a Tanzanian-based firm that is duly registered by National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) with registration number PF 216 dated 27th February 2009. The firm is categorized as “Medium Firm” by the NBAA. By virtue of its registration with NBAA, the firm is automatically affiliated to International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), a global organization for the accountancy profession.
ABA Alliance is one of the few local firms that is accredited to audit USAID/CDC funded entities on behalf of Regional Inspector General – Pretoria (RIG/Pretoria) – refer link for list of names of accredited professional firms: http://oig.usaid.gov/content/regional-inspector-general-pretoria
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking suitably qualified high performing professional (Audit Manager) to join our Audit and Advisory Services Department. You will be involved in providing assurance services to our portfolio of international and local clients in: Insurance; Manufacturing; Public Sector; Not-for-Profit entities; etc..
You will be responsible for the execution of the ABA Alliance’s risk based audit approach and leading audit teams during the fieldwork. In addition, you will have the opportunity to provide a variety of nonassurance services to our clients.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to develop their technical knowledge of the sectors listed above working closely with partners (the Firm) and directors (Advisory Company).
The position reports to Partners or Directors as the case may be and will have direct responsibility for a number of audit teams as follows:
- Provide management over a portfolio of clients and deliver high quality audit and assurance service, including preparing and reviewing audit plans and work;
- Achieve team and individual budgets and business plan/ performance objectives;
- Manages project financials, including budgets, WIPS, timely billing and collection and variance recognition;
- Maintain the highest technical and professional standard;
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks;
- Addresses situation before they come crises and develops solutions to avoid recurrence;
- Providing additional help and guidance to clients on a consultancy basis;
- Participants in the development of ways to meet client needs, contributes to proposal delivery;
- Identifying ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value;
- Work as a team with fellow managers and other heads of departments;
- Monitor and control auditing staff;
- Takes a leadership role in professional, business or community organizations;
- Coach, train and develop auditing staff to upgrade their knowledge;
- Be seen as a role model for auditing professionals;
- Carry out practice management activities e.g. resourcing client billing etc;
- Undertake wider office activities, as required and as instructed from time to time.
- Be proactive and provide a key link between staff and partners/directors.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
CPA or ACCA or related generally accepted Professional accounting qualification; A Bachelor degree and Master degree in Accounting;
4+ years of external audit experience. Prior exposure to grant management or financial services or insurance sectors will be an added advantage;
Team player with strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills including leading teams of at least 5 team members.
The firm will offer an attractive salary to a successful candidate
In case you are interested, please send your signed cover letter and detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please DO NOT send an application if you DO NOT meet the MINIMUM Requirements for the Position