NAFASI YA KAZI at Tanzania Posts Corporation (TPC), Application Deadline 15 May 2017
Tanzania Posts Corporation (TPC) is a national designated public postal 1 operator established by Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1993 and became operational on_ 1st January, 1994. The Corporation is wholly owned by the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania. The principal function of the Corporation is to provide universal postal and ancillary services within and between places outside the United Republic of Tanzania.
The Corporation is looking for suitably qualified Tanzania citizens of high personal integrity to fill the positions of REGIONAL MANAGER.
• To ensure that postal services are developed, operated and IV maintained according to policy objectives and mission of the Corporation of providing efficient, reliable, secure and affordable services that meet the needs and expectations of the customers in the region..
• To ensure that Postal services are operated on commercial principles and meet performance standards and targets as provided in the performance Contract between the Government and the Corporation..
• To ensure that agency services are well operated commercially to meet the principle and customer expectation and benefit the organization in terms of revenueue
Reporting to General Manager Business Operations
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To ensure that Postal services are developed, operated and maintained according to policy objectives and mission of the Corporation.
• To ensure that Postal services meet performance standards and targets as provided in performance contract between the Government and Corporation.
• To ensure efficiency operation of all Corporations business in the region by ensuring that the necessary resources are availablele
• Prepare short, medium and long term plans for the development of postal business.
• To ensure that standing work procedures and regulations are followed at Post offices through regular inspections and office management auditsits
• Handle expeditiously and effectively all complaints and enquiries submitted by customers
• Provide on the job training and coaching of front line staff
• Conduct regular operational inspections and audit of departmental post offices and sub post offices.
• To ensure routine are observed especially the treasury functions.
• Responsible for the efficient management of the regional office by providing close and effective supervision.
• To ensure the key operational business units are supported by marketing Officers to promote sales and pay particular attentions to the needs of customers with a view to improving service delivery and exploring opportunities for business growth.
• To participate in preparation of annual budget.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualification and Experience Required:
• A holder of a Bachelor degree/ advanced diploma in Business Administration, Commerce, Economics/Public Administration or equivalent qualifications from recognized higher learning institutions with Computer knowledge.
• Must have three (3) years and above of experience out of which, two (2) years should be at a supervisory level in business operations of the corporation.
Other Personal Attributes:
• Strong leadership qualities and ability to think strategically.
• Good communication skills and interpersonal relations.
• Honesty and personal integrity.
• Computer skills and exposure to modern financial information systems.
• Good in writing and submitting reports in time.
• Analytical skills of financial data and business information..
The above posts carry competitive remunerations as per Tanzania Posts Corporation salary structure
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications in writing enclosing detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant education, professional certificates and testimonials together with names of three referees and their (references), contact addresses, telephone number(s) and e-mail addresses.
All applications should be sent by registered mail or EMS Courier so as to reach the addressee mentioned below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
THE POSTMASTER GENERAL,
TANZANIA POSTS CORPORATION,
P.O. BOX 9551,
DAR ES SALAAM