At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
• Exposure to operational management in a service industry.
• Exposure to container terminal operations and different parts of the value chain.
• Exposure to an international working environment.
• Opportunities in leadership transitions, leading diverse teams leading through change and leading virtual teams.
• Exposure to teams with people from other disciplines and functions
• Manages professional staff, including entry-level, and / or supervisors.
• Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Handles most situations independently and is guided by policies, procedures and the business plan, but will seek advice and guidance on more complex issues.
• Applies subject matter knowledge to solve common business issues.
• Operates within practices and procedures covered by precedents or well defined policies escalating all non-routine problems.
• Experience in a functional area routinely applying knowledge of theories, methods, techniques and processes.
• Understands the overall nature of the business and the interdependencies between own and other functions.
• Accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function.
• Develops people - coaching and mentoring to build organizational capability, talent and bench strength.
• Instruct members of his team on safe working practices and maintains a watch over terminal area for unsafe working practices.
• Monitors efficient planning according to operational requirements and legislation.
• Ensure compliance with policies, guidelines, safety regulations and general maritime legislation.
• Has responsibility for the effective daily operation of all machinery and buildings in the Terminal.
• Provides the operating direction for the Technical Department, ensuring that productivity and efficiency standards are met
• Builds a preventive maintenance schedule for all equipment in the Terminal to reduce damages and downtime on all machinery
• Sets goals and objectives for maintenance services
• Analyses performance statistics and trends in order to identify areas for improvement
• Cost leadership in terminal operations
Who we are looking for
• Requires at least 6 years experience in Terminals (Ports) and Container Inland services operations environment, or similar /related industry.
• Previous experience in managing technical functions of the business operations will be an added advantage.
• Good Knowledge of business management and setting direction
• Requires a high level of planning and organization skills, good leadership skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Requires a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork.
• Requires an understanding of safety regulations, safe work procedures and safe materials handling procedures and following of safety work instructions.
• Requires ability to communicate technical and operational instructions and information.
• Requires familiarity with the strict implementaion of international standards of safe working practices within marine and terminal operations.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Last application date: 16 May 2017.