Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania (AKES, T), is a private, not for profit, service company registered under the Companies Act and operates four schools in Tanzania. AKES, T vision is to provide accessible, world-class education, which prepares student to become self-confident, open-minded articulate and ethical young people with academic qualifications to enable them to make productive contributions to their own community and their wider society. It is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions arid opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
AKEST is looking to hire a qualified Principal, Aga Khan International School, Oar es Salaam with a proven track record in leadership, strategic and IB education administration.
The role based in Dar es Salaam.
The Principal 'will be responsible for the overall academic and financial performance of the Aga Khan International School, Tanzania, which comprises the Nursery, Primary and the High School Mzizima. S/he will take a leadership role in strengthening the quality of teaching and learning, bringing efficiencies to the managernent of the schools and raising the profile of the Academy as a whole school. This is a vitally important role with genuine transformational potential.
• Articulate and deliver a clear educational vision that embodies the values of the AKES, including academic excellence, a service ethos, and intercultural understanding
• Lead the development of long-term and short-term school development plans and quality indicators to establish the positive standing and positioning of the school as one of the leading schools in East Africa
• Guide the implementation (of school plans, monitor progress and report to the management on quality indicators, student learning outcomes and anticipated future issues
• Develop the annual budgets for the schools in consultation with the Head of Education, Country Manager (or any person designated by the Regional CEO) and Head of Finance, monitor variance and report on financial performance on a periodic basis .
• In consultation with the Country Manager, develop and embed appropriate management structures and policies for the school
• Guide and monitor the delivery of curricula and co-curricular programmes for the schools, ensuring quality delivery in all grade levels, timely completion of syllabus, meeting of targets in external examinations, and development and implementation of corrective action plans, as required
• In collaboration with AKES,EA academic leadership, develop and implement appropriate systems to meet and maintain authorization requirements for the lBO, CIE and CIS.
• Lead and supervise the heads of schools, including their performance appraisal, professional development planning and mentoring
• In collaboration with the Head of Human Resources, drive the
• Recruitment and professional development of senior faculty and staff of the school and build a high-performing school management team
• Support the-development and .implementation of effective marketing strategies and admission policies to recruit students with diverse cultural, social and economic backgrounds
• Ensure that the physical infrastructure and facilities in .the school are Conducive to effective teaching and learning and reflect the quality of the AKES image
• Support the smooth transition of students from-the Nursery, Primary and the High School, and establish links with higher education establishments to ensure continuity of education .
• Create and maintain a successful partnership with parents and the wider community to support and improve pupils' achievement and promote the image of the Academy
• develop productive relationships with other schools, training institutions, the Aga Khan Academy in Mombasa and other stakeholders for sharing of knowledge and collaboration on school improvement initiatives
• As a member of the AKES,EA leadership team, contribute toward achievement of the overall objectives of the organization and support. other AKES schools in the region, where required.
• Act as a role model to staff and students, setting high standards of personal conduct.
• A post-graduate degree in Education from an accredited university
• At least ten years' experience in international curriculum schools,
• At least five years in school leadership roles
• Excellent understanding of, and experience in, curriculum management, design, implementation and evaluation
• Understanding of 21st century education practices, strategies for raising students' achievement and effective frameworks for school improvement planning and self-evaluation
• Proven ability to develop effective management structures, and to build, lead and develop teams
• The ability to establish and sustain strong relationships with parents, students, teaching and non-teaching staff, alumni and other stakeholders
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• An understanding of financial planning and preparing and monitoring budgets
• Passionate about delivering high quality services to children and their families
• Experience in the developing world and in Africa will be highly desirable.
• Master of Education degree
• Post Graduate Training in Educational Institution Management
• Qualifications in IB Primary Years (PYP), Middle Years (MYP) & Df' Programs Teaching
• Over 5 years of experience in a senior supervisory position in an educational institution
• Proven consistency in class work performance.
Applications should include a 300 word statement that demonstrates suitability in the role and best practices together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and names of three professional referees, emailed by 15th August 2017 to:
The Human Resources Manager
Aga Khan Education Service Tanzania .
DAR ES SALAAM
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Source: The Guardian 7 August, 2017