RTI is seeking Regional Manager candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded Malaria Surveillance and Monitoring (TMSM) project in Tanzania. The purpose of this project is to support the Government of Tanzania to reduce the burden of Malaria and to move towards the long-term goal of malaria elimination. Under a cooperative agreement, USAID will fund malaria surveillance, entomological monitoring, drug efficiency monitoring and monitoring of other vector control interventions The target populations of TMSM are pregnant women and children under the age of five. The Regional Manager will be responsible for managing the regional project team and coordinate on-the-ground programmatic activities. The position will be based in Mwanza, Tanzania.
The Regional Manager will lead and oversee implementation of regional project activities, manage project systems and procedures, provide financial oversight of regional bank accounts, support technical implementation and activities when needed, as well as supervise senior staff in projects’ regional offices.
Provides leadership and guidance to regional program implementation, including planning and budgeting, implementation, M&E, contractual and fund execution, as well as financial controlRepresents RTI with regional/local authorities and local partners, supporting the coordination and collaboration vis-à-vis malaria-specific surveillance and vector control efforts;Assesses activities and ensures efficient use of resourcesLeads the application and adherence to contractual terms and requirements;Manages all the financial, HR, admin, and logistics of project activities and ensure procedures are followedDevelops a reporting schedule regarding USAID deadlines at regional levelPlans and supervises the development of technical and financial reportsEnsures programmatic and staff adherence to RTI procedures and processes;Ensures a positive working environment, good team dynamics (solve out potential conflicts), and capacity building; andPerforms other tasks that may be assigned by the Chief of Party, as needed
Qualification and Skills:
Bachelor degree in public health, epidemiology, management or a related field; Masters degree preferred.At least seven years of experience in planning, implementing as well as monitoring and evaluating public health programs in Tanzania, with at least 5 years of experience with USG programming;Demonstrated professional excellence in health program leadership and management, including experience in the following: client relationship management, developing program work plans and budgets, managing program implementation and M&E, managing project teams and human resources and/or project financial administration;Excellent knowledge of national issues impacting malaria and demonstrated success strengthening local strengthening local government institutions;Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders, including host government ministries;Superior integrity, work habits, organizational skills, and ability to meet deadlines; Strong knowledge of USAID administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems; Must have strong oral and written communication and presentation skills in English (tested FSI R4/S4). Fluency in Kiswahili required;Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications;Willingness and ability to travel frequently within Tanzania.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Senior Finance and Operations Manager
RTI is seeking Senior Finance and Operations Manager for an anticipated USAID-funded malaria surveillance and Monitoring (GOT) project in Tanzania. The purpose of this project is to reduce the burden of malaria and to move towards the long-term goal of malaria elimination. The Senior Finance and Operations Manager will provide oversight for all financial and operational aspects of the project. The position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
• Manages all financial and operational aspects of the project and ensures compliance with RTI and USG financial and accounting policies and procedures and procurement integrity.
• Oversees preparation and submission of monthly financial statements (including expenses, receivable and payables).
• Ensures timely submission of expense reports, bank reconciliations and wire transfer requests to corporate headquarters in the US.
• Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual expenditures and prepare pipeline estimates for the project.
• Prepares biweekly cash requirements; monitor cash flow and reconcile cash accounts in order to maintain appropriate cash balances.
• Oversees human resource management, procurement, payroll administration to the project.
• Ensures appropriate systems and cost effective, timely procedures such as cash management, vendor payments, and budgeting are in place to properly disburse, account, budget and report funds and have the proper internal controls.
• Provides technical assistance as required to build financial management capacity of local partners and grantees.
• Reviews technical and financial proposals from local NGOs including negotiating annual budgets, and reviews grantee financial expenditure reports for accuracy and adherence to the SOW and budget.
• Implements and monitors cost effective and efficient systems and procedures.
• Supervises administrative and financial support team members.
• Master’s degree in business administration, economics, or finance;
• At least 9 years’ experience in international donor-funded financial and grants management, with a minimum of 5 years of senior-level responsibility for administration and finance managing programs of similar size.
• Proven expertise in finance, accounting and auditing, monitoring of grant compliance and management and the establishment of internal controls;
• Prior experience overseeing finance and administration for a USG-funded project of a similar size and complexity is highly desirable;
• Knowledge of USAID administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems along with strategic program planning, management, supervision, and budgeting expertise.
• Excellent track record of good interpersonal, supervision, leadership and managerial skills;
• Results-oriented and team player and ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position;
• Prior experience managing a team of highly-successful staff working in multiple locations/field offices.
• Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access plus working knowledge of accounting and procurement software (particularly QuickBooks) is preferable;
• Fluency in English is required. Additional proficiency in Swahili will be preferred.
• Willingness to reside and travel frequently within Tanzania.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. This position is contingent upon award and funding. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.