PRODUCT SPECIALIST: BANCASSURANCE
JOB TITLE: PRODUCT SPECIALIST: BANCASSURANCE
DEPARTMENT: CREDIT REPORTING TO: HEAD OF CREDIT
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for formulating sound and appropriate policies and procedures that will stimulate insurance Business for women in the bank to ensure that efficient and cost effective insurance services are provided to customers and to the general public through the bank's networks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
The applicant must possess both technical and soft skills to obtain this job. The technical skills should be supported by academic qualification and experience while the soft skills are based on attitudes and related competencies.
The candidate must be a holder of a Bachelor Degree/Advanced Diploma in Risk Management and Insurance. Certified Insurance Professional Certificate will be of an added advantage. She/he must have at least 3 years of working experience in insurance business with proven understanding of insurance laws and regulations of the country.
This position requires high levels of faithfulness and integrity. The candidate should be smart and decisive. She/he must have analytical skills to identify risks and formulate insurance packages for women groups. Marketing and Customer Services skills with ability to cross-sale are also key required skills.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Design tailored insurance products for women. Review the existing customer products with an aim of improving the product propositions by embedding insurance products:
• Ensure the development of insurance agency policies and Manual and thereafter initiate regular review in line with the annual plans and with the changing business climate;
• Systematic plan and implement the rollout of insurance agency business to all branches in line with the annual plans;
• Ensure that there is adequate insurance cover for all customers mortgaged properties/collaterals covering loans and overdrafts, on a daily basis;
• Ensure that The Insurance Agency business of the bank is marketed/promoted aggressively in order to attract customers, in line with the annual plans;
• Ensure that premiums are collected and remitted to the Brokers within time of the day in which cover under the policy incepted or the date on which the policy is renewable or in which an endorsement was made, as stipulated in the Insurance Regulations;
• Vigorous follow up of claims of the bank and customers lodged, through our Brokers, with insurers and ensure that they are promptly paid by the insurance company;
• Supervise work of all staff within the Insurance Department;
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Head of Department
Interested candidates should send their CV and copies of professional certificates with a cover letter explaining why they are suitable for the post to the address below by 13th November 2017.
This advertisement can also be accessed on our Website: www.womensbank.co.tz or and any of our social networks accounts.
Applications should be addressed to:
Tanzania Women's Bank Plc,
Karimjee Jivanjee Building 1st Floor,
Opposite Old Post DART Bus stop,
P.O. Box 72604,
Dar es Salaam.
Or send your application firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The Envelope should bear the positions applied for
"FEMALE CANDIDATES WILL BE HIGHLY CONSIDERED"