THPS is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 as part of partnership framework implementation plan between the USG and the Government of Tanzania which calls for an uninterrupted transition of PEPFAR funded HIV and AIDS programs into local entities. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children and Regional Administration and local government (PMORALG) with a goal of ensuring accessible high quality health care services to Tanzania's through establishment and strengthening of comprehensive family focused HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Treatment services in Pwani, Kigoma, regions and Zanzibar. This is a continuation of the PEPFAR funded broader US Government HIV/AIDS initiatives through Centre for Disease Control Tanzania (CDC) in Tanzania.
As CDC prime awardee; THPS is currently seeking committed and motivated Tanzanians to fill in the following positions.
Position title: National EID Laboratory Mentor Reports to: Senior Technical Advisor – Laboratory Services
Duty Station: Ministry of Health– Dar es Salaam
Job Summary: To strengthen the national program in ensuring the laboratory support services for diagnosis of HIV among HIV exposed infants are well coordinated and implemented. To provide technical assistance in implementation of high quality laboratory services to improve performance of the national early infant diagnosis (EID) program.
• Work closely with Regional/District Laboratory Technologists to support and ensure availability of DBS test kits, supplies, registers and other relevant documents
• Mentor health facility laboratory staff to ensure they adhere to National HIV testing algorithm Quality Assurance System
• Support good performance of routine laboratory related service at Reproductive and Child Health (RCH) clinics including investigation for HIV and haematology
• Establish/strengthening service for HIV positive pregnant women for laboratory baseline investigation, disease staging, and monitoring for ARV toxicity
• Support establishment/strengthening sustainable EID services in the region and ensure availability of Dried Blood Spot (DBS) sample collection kits and proper sample transportation and return of result system
• Support strengthening strong linkage between RCH/PMTCT section and laboratory section within the region
• Advocate for laboratory service improvement to address specific needs
• Prepare technical report, data collection and data management when providing technical assistance and as needed
Qualifications and Experience
• Holder of a minimum of diploma in Medical Laboratory Science or equivalent
• At least three year experience in laboratory related tests and techniques required for the diagnosis and monitoring clients for PMTCT/RCH services
• Ability to work under difficult conditions with minimum supervision
• Knowledge of national guidelines for prevention of Mother to Child Transmission is an added advantage
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili
• Basic computer skills with minimum of Microsoft word, power point and excel
Apply for this job
Interested applicants should apply through THPS website (www.thps.or.tz) using vacancy link located under Jobs/Tenders, attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by December 8th 2017 with a subject line for example: National EID Laboratory Mentor. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job, please go to the following website