Vacancies at Mwananchi Communications Limited 2017
Mwananchi Communications Limited, a subsidiary of Nation Media Group and publishers of leading Tanzania newspapers, Mwananchi, Mwanaspoti, The Citizen and are looking for motivated and highly experienced individuals to fill the position of:
Stores Officer (1 Post)
• To inspect and receive purchased goods and arrange stocks in appropriate places.
• Issuing of goods from stores to users against authorized requisition notes/material list
• To initiate requisition of stock items as per reorder level
• To maintain proper stores records for stocks movements
• Preparations of Inventory movement report
• Disposal of company materials and assets against authorised approval
• Overall Stores management which includes proper documentations, cleanness and safety.
• Performs any other related duties as may be assigned by superior from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Advanced Diploma/Bachelor in Procurement and Supplies from Reputable Institution.
• Knowledge of SAP will be an added advantage
• 1 to 2 years working experience.
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili.
• Knowledge of computer applications.
Procurement Officer (1 Post)
We are seeking for a qualified and experienced Procurement Officer to replace a vacancy in our procurement department. Reporting to the Procurement Manager and working closely with other executives within the orqanizaticn, the expected deliverables would include:
• Receives, reviews and approves IPRs within authority limits.
• Gets approval from Section Managers and MD for IPRs above authority.
• Prepare annual procurement plan and monitor its execution.
• Coordinate purchases for major expenditure through tender board.
• Negotiate commercial terms with suppliers.
• Ensures that IPRs are promptly issued for goods and services and LPOj• FPOs are approved.
• Follow up and ensures .that goods and services ordered are actually delivered as per specifications.
• Monitor consumption, stock and re-order level.
• Ensure that all returns, printed waste, miscellaneous disposable assets and materials are sold in accordance with the approved procedure.
• Liaise with user departments to ensure that all office utilities are readily available and cost effectively used.
• Monitors all insurance matters to ensure adequate cover, settlement of claims and update records.
• Perform annual supplier's evaluation and communicate feedback for improvements.
• Manage supplier relationship
Qualifications and Experience:
• Academic - Basic University Degree in Procurement and Supplies from Reputable Institution.
• Professional - Accredited certification of Procurement.
• Experience: 3 - 5 years' work experience in a similar role in a reputable organization.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills;
• High degree of integrity and honesty;
• Knowledge of SAP Materials Management module will be an added advantage.
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing a detailed CV and copies of professional certificates, and a day time telephone contact by December 1, 2017 to;
Human Resources Manager,
Mwananchi Communications Ltd,
P. O. Box 19754, Dar es Salaam.
⦁ Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
⦁ MCL is an equal opportunity employer