Medical Data Collectors
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization
affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For 42 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations. Jhpieqo is implementing a number of projects in Tanzania and wishes to recruit the following positions.
Medical Data Collectors
5 – Positions based in Mara,
5 – position based in Kagera,
10 positions whose locations will be known during interviews
Responsibilities of data collectors
To participate in daily clinical rounds in the surgical and obstetric wards and work with facility clinician to identify post-op patients with targeted complications for the project
• To ensure that proper consent has been obtained from all study subjects as required by the protocol .
• To ensure that selected indicator data is collected and documented daily or monthly at facilities as per the study protocol
• To teach Health facility clinicians and data collectors appropriate data collection techniques and oversee their collection
• To prepare daily, weekly or; monthly reports related to the collected data and submit to Harvard PGSSC
Location Of the activity:
This evaluation will be conducted in 10 intervention Health facilities in Kagera and Mara regions (5 in each region) and 10 control sites in another selected region. One data collector will be stationed in each of the 20 sites during the entire data collection period
Baseline assessment is expected to last from 15 January to 15 March 2018, but this period may be extended up to six months since the data collectors will have to train the facility-based providers to continue data collection beyond the baseline assessment, hence the need to stay longer in these facilities
The data collectors will be Medical Doctors who have graduated from a medical school and have completed internship in a recognized institution. They should have at least temporary registration with the Medical Council of Tanganyika and a certificate of internship.
Administrative assistant 1 Position based in Iringa
Position Overview: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining smooth operations of the Jhpiego office, including ensuring cleanliness, functioning phone system, maintaining telephone contact information, and ensuring prompt and timely assistance to all visitors. As the first contact for the organization and visitors, the Administrative Assistant is expected to be professional, courteous, prompt and pleasant. The Administrative will be in charge of Hotel bookings in the Zone and assist with other office functions like Dispatching/collecting couriers, ensuring letters/mails picked from/to the post office. And other destinations as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Diploma in Business Administration Bachelor Degree added Advantage
• Up to two years experience working in a busy office operations, preferably in the development work or private sector or International organization
• Computer literacy a must
• Basic computer skills.
• Ability to use a PABX phone system
• Proficiency in both written and spoken English.
• A broad variety of front office/receptionist skills
• Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines.
• Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
• Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
• Pleasant, warm and outgoing personality.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
• Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization\
Please channel the application through HRTZ@jhpiego.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is two weeks after the first appearance of this advert.
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hctmail, etc. Kindly note: HRTZ@jhpiego.org is the address to use all the time. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also do not charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you will get an official call from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong – doing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource: firstname.lastname@example.org