HURUMA AIDS CONCERN AND CARE (HACOCA) is a registered Non- Governmental
organization with its Head Quarter in Morogoro Municipal. It is a non-profit making organization incorporated under NGO act. 24/ 2002 of Tanzania to carry out interventions towards improving the quality life and well-being of marginalized communities in Morogoro region by promoting health, nutrition, education and household income.
For efficient execution of its duties, HACOCA is looking for enthusiastic, creative, energetic individual to fill below vacant position
Job Position: Case Worker Coordinator
Duty Station: Kilosa and Mvomero District Councils
Job Objective: Support Case Management Officer at ward level to ensure comprehensive
Case Management services are delivered to the Targeted OVC households
and youth including Health, Nutrition, Education, Protection, Livelihood, and
Psychosocial support and reinforce Guidelines and procedures routinely.
Vacant post: 2 posts
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Supervise Community Case Workers (CCWs) and provide continuous mentoring and support to ensure delivery of high quality case management services.
• Disseminate and ensure adherence to case management, child protection, referral and linkages, parenting, M&E guidance, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other job-aids that facilitate holistic case management at the household/community levels.
• Ensure case management services delivered address the holistic needs of OVC and caregivers including health, nutrition, education, protection, livelihoods, and psycho-social well-being.
• Conduct quality step-down trainings to CCWs and facilitate monthly meetings in the field to
introduce new topics, improve quality, and reinforce guidelines and procedures.
• Ensure CCWs complete required case management forms and case filing system is well
• Work in partnership with local government authorities as appropriate, including but not limited to District Executive Directors, Council Health Management Teams, District Social Welfare Officers, and ward level officials.• Create community linkages for broader community engagement of youth and caregivers in case management, child protection, parenting, etc.
• Assist in mapping existing community cadres (Community Health Workers, Home-Based Care Workers, Para-Social Workers, etc.) in communities and assist government officials to recruit and select CCWs for the National Integrated Case Management Training for CCWs.
• Ensure that all CCWs are oriented in the Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct; take all cases of child abuse seriously and follow national protocols to ensure timely reporting.
• Ensure CCWs are coordinating with local structures including health facilities and Child
Protection Committees (formerly known as Most Vulnerable Children’s Committees).
• Assist in the development of a service directory for social services (in coordination with the Health and HIV services Officer) in implementation areas; update the directory at least once a year.
• Submit timely updates to the Case Management Officer for inclusion in the quarterly, semiannual, and annual reports.
• Document lessons learned and best practices for experience sharing and replication.
• Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the Case Management Officer.
Qualification and Experience:
• Advanced diploma or degree in social work or other relevant field
• At least 2 years of experience in area of case management and child protection
• Progressive experience in program development professional, and include working with CSOs and other community based Organizations
• Experience in developing and facilitating interactive training programs
• Energetic team player capable of working with local communities and government leaders
• Demonstrated understanding of OVC/MVC services and challenges faced in child protection
• Excellent written and oral communication abilities.
All qualified candidates should send their fully filled Applications including a covering
letter, academic certificates (copies) and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
More details:Available here
Deadline for application is 16:00 December 13th, 2017. Only Short-listed candidates will be