This program will contribute to the internationalization of the SMU Campus and promote international educational exchange, as well as strengthen the mutual friendship between Korea and other countries.
Worth of AwardThe tuition fee is covered by SMU. The university entrance fee is covered by SMU as well.
The full cost for the 1 year is covered by SMU.
Dormitory Fee (Included Meal Plan) for 5 years.
Number of Scholarships: 5 students
International students are eligible to apply.
Citizenship: Neither the applicant nor the parents should hold the Korean citizenship.
Age: An applicant must be under age 25 as of March 1, 2018 (Should be born after March, 1, 1993).
Health: An applicant must be in good health, both physically and mentally. Those with disabilities, but in good mental and physical health, are eligible to apply. Those with severe illness are not eligible to apply.
Level of education: An applicant must have graduated or be expected to graduate from a high school as of March 1, 2018. Those who have already achieved a Bachelor’s degree or a higher degree are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply. Those who have graduated or are expected to graduate from a high school in Korea are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply.
GRADES: An applicant must either have the cumulative grade point average (C.G.P.A.) of 80% (out of 100%), or be ranked within the top 20% throughout the entire high school period. C.G.P.A. should be 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, 3.23/5.0 or higher [see Appendix 2]
An applicant should never have been awarded with any scholarship programs from Korea for an undergraduate degree program.
Required Documents: 1 set of the original documents below
- Completed Application Form (Form 1)
- Personal Statement (Form 3)
- Study Plan (Form 4)
- Two Recommendation Letters (Form 5)
- Must be from two separate recommenders.
- The letters must be written by someone who can give in-depth assessment on the applicant’s abilities, including a high school teacher, principal, or academic advisor.
- Graduation Certificate of High School: Those who are expected to graduate may submit a provisional graduation certificate of high school.
- High School Grade Transcript (including a description of the school’s grading system)
- RELATED: Degree Completion Grants for International Students in Germany, 2017
Deadline: Applications close on December 8, 2017
Click here for more details and to apply