Greenlight Planet is a renewable energy company focused on developing and marketing solar power products for off-grid communities in Asia, Africa and South America. We are also pioneers in technology-driven financing, enabling our customers to access credit through cloud-based lending models and partnerships with financial services providers.At heart, we are a profit-making social enterprise inspired by the desire to drive positive change through sustainable business.
We are passionate about bringing affordable energy, technology and finance to the over 2 billion people on our planet who lack access to basic resources and opportunities.We have won numerous accolades, including the 2016 Ashden International Award for Excellence in Sustainable Energy, and our products consistently earn recognition for their quality, including “best solar lamp” by the Economist Magazine and “best-in-category” prizes from the World Bank’s Lighting Global program.
Currently, we are present in 55 countries, with major offices and operation centers in Nairobi, Lagos, Mumbai and Shenzhen, and our global headquarters in Chicago, USA. As we continue to grow, we greatly appreciate how each new team member contributes unique and innovative solutions to our global mission, from new product designs to brilliant marketing strategies. We listen closely to each other to improve our products, our service, and ultimately, the lives of our consumersPosition:
Customer Service Executive, TanzaniaJob Location:
Tanzania Reporting to: Operations Manager
The Role:The Customer Service Executive will work closely with the Operations and Sales teams to serve existing and potential customers by providing product and service information while resolving product issues effectively.Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Initiates and/or implements corrective action as needed in order to ensure that an excellent standard of service and a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained
- Receive customer queries and ensure these are resolved in a timely manner
- Help minimize defaults by reaching out to customers with delayed payments
- Proactively contact dormant customers directly to resolve any pending issues.
- Build repeat sales through strong customer relationships by focusing on customers’ wants and needs.
- Check customer satisfaction degree after a sale and increase customer retention.
- Gather and document information about the customer and the product.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a Diploma, Degree or Certificate in Supply Chain Management; Business Administration; Sales and Marketing; or Customer Service Management
- Has minimum 2 years' relevant work experience in a similar role
- Must work well under pressure, be able to juggle many tasks simultaneously, with an excellent sense of prioritization
- Has excellent interpersonal skills.
- Has strong communication skills with fluency in both written and spoken English and Swahili. Fluency in an additional local dialect is appreciated
- Understands and can comfortably work with Microsoft Office Applications
- Thinks clearly and has good problem solving ability
- Demonstrates strong etiquette in communication over the phone with good listening skills.
- Should be flexible, willing to stretch and achieve over and above base expectations.
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people, everywhere. It is the reason we exist! So, regardless of your race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/Aids status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law, we will accept your application and make a decision based on your suitability for the position.