Organization: IMA World Health
City: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Office: IMA World Health in Dar es Salaam
IMA World Health (IMA) is a faith-based non-profit organization that implements donor-funded health systems strengthening, maternal and child health, neglected tropical disease, malaria, HIV, non-communicable diseases, and sexual- and gender-based violence programs in some of the most challenging settings throughout Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean. IMA maintains a diverse and complex funding portfolio that support program services globally and totals approximately $100 million annually, with support from DFID, World Bank, USAID, among others.
IMA World Health is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)/Senior Nutrition Advisor for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded nutrition project in Tanzania. The project aims to strengthen the delivery of integrated community-based nutrition services and social and behavior change communication (SBCC) in Tanzania and to build the capacity of the government and communities to sustain these activities. The DCOP will provide technical and programmatic leadership to the project, overseeing the project's technical teams across SBCC, agriculture and other technical intervention areas for nutrition. In addition, this position will oversee the program and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) teams, lead project reporting and documentation efforts, while ensuring cost effectiveness and compliance with USAID rules and regulations. S/he will support the Chief of Party and liaise regularly with key stakeholders representing the program, including assigned USAID in-country technical advisors and other staff, relevant Ministry stakeholders, and civil society networks. This position reports directly to the Chief of Party. It is contingent based upon receipt of funding.
- Coordinate with the Chief of Party in management of the program technical components, providing programmatic leadership and overseeing the strategic planning of activities in support of the project goals and objectives, including the determination of project priorities and appropriate technical initiatives
- Advice the Chief of Party on appropriate decisions and actions in nutrition and/or agriculturally-related technical issues.
- Provide technical guidance on nutrition policy, strategy and multi-sectoral action for nutrition programming.
- Ensure results-oriented technical components and high-quality and timely deliverables and reports
- Evaluate program effectiveness and determine corrective action needed to improve goal achievement.
- Oversee implementing partners and advise on technical issues.
- Ensure strong working relationships with implementing & technical partners, the Ministries of Health in Tanzania and USAID.
- Represent the project in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations
- Support development and monitoring of technical work plans and budget
- Master's degree required in nutrition, public health, agriculture, or other relevant development field.
- At least 10 years of experience in nutrition and/or agricultural/food security programs, with significant expertise in developing and implementing integrated nutrition/agriculture programming. Some experience in Tanzania required.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in implementing, leading, and managing nutrition or agricultural programs as Deputy Chief of Party or equivalent for donor-funded programming. USAID experience preferred.
Strong experience required with direct supervision, and working with teams and staff from multicultural backgrounds.
Tanzanian nationals encouraged to apply.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV/resume to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruiting organization, IMA World Health, has either not specified a closing date for this vacancy, or continues to list jobs after their stated closing date. Because such positions may remain open, they are listed here until removed from the recruiting organization's website.
Click here to verify its current status.