General Manager – Finance at Kilombero Sugar Company Limited
KILOMBERO SUGAR COMPANY
AN ILLOVO SUGAR AFRICA COMPANY
OPPORTUNITY FOR EMPLOYMENT
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited, the largest producer of sugar in Tanzania, is seeking to recruit a dynamic and results-oriented person for the post of General Manager - Finance. The successful candidate will report to the Managing Director and will lead the finance management team and will be required to effectively manage the financial departments of Kilombero Sugar Co. Ltd and Illovo Distillers (Tanzania) Ltd ('IDYL'), thereby driving business profitability and the provision of an effective and progressive accounting and financial advisory service to the business.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Drive the financial planning of the company by analyzing its performance and risks.
• Retain control of the company's financial position and intentionally steer its improvement.
• Lead, mentor and supervise all accounting and finance personnel and accountable for their personal development
• Oversee all audit and internal control operations of the business.
• Prepare timely and detailed reports of financial performance on a monthly basis.
• Advise senior management, shareholders and the Board of Directors on all financial and tax related matters..
• Ensure compliance with all financial and taxation laws and regulations.
• Overseeing all financial, accounting and cane payment systems.
• Responsible for working capital management.
• Responsible for Payroll, Stores and Procurement and Information Technology Departments.
• Managing key relationships with external stakeholders e.g. Banks, External Auditors, Treasury Registrar and business supplier contracts.
• BSc/B.Com/BA in Accounting, Taxation and Finance from a recognized institution.
• ACCA/CPA qualification is a pre-requisite.
• Minimum of five (5) years' experience in similar role.
• In-depth knowledge of corporate finance, taxation and accounting principles, laws and best practices required.
• Clear communicator with the ability to negotiate and influence.
• An analytical mind with strong strategic experience.
• Able to multi-task and prioritise accordingly.
• Self driven and able to deliver without compromising compliance.
• Computer literate, with experience in system and control change management.
• People management, leadership and report writing skills experience is a pre-requisite.
• Mentally and physically fit.
Terms of Service
• The successful candidate will be engaged on permanent basis.
• An attractive package will be offered to the right candidate who demonstrates the necessary qualifications and experience.
• Interested candidates should apply in confidence by sending their applications, together with detailed
Curriculum vitae and copies of certificates and testimonials explaining their suitability for the role to E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The deadline for application is two weeks after appearance of this advert.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER,
KILOMBERO SUGAR COMPANY LIMITED,
Source: The Guardian December 11, 2017