Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Fixed Term, 2 years
Full Time, 35 hours per week
VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
In this role you will be responsible to support and maintain access to cost effective IT services that enable staff and volunteers work efficient to meet their objectives, also you will be providing proper maintenance and update of IT software and equipment and to liaise with VSO IT staff internationally in providing optimum solutions and support, Support a range of applications software including Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office applications and bespoke IT systems and services. if you see your comfortable and interested to this role, this might be your job!
Skills, qualifications and experience required
Qualifications (essential): Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, computer science or related field with additional relevant courses and training,
Experience and skills
- At least 1 year relevant experience with adequate knowledge in the development and management of databases and global communication systems and an awareness of new technology that may improve delivery
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications and ability to develop and manage systems and software applications for use as management tools
- Proficiency in network and information systems administration
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal. The ability to explain complex technical ideas clearly and succinctly to non-experts.
- Evidence of effective problem solving and organisational skills
- Evidence of professionalism and high integrity
- Evidence of openness to learning to improve own performance
- Excellent customer service focus and commitment to deliver to agreed timelines
- Pro-active and organised working style with the ability to prioritise own workload
- Using a service management system (e.g.Hornbill).
- Windows operating systems incl. Windows XP &Windows 7.
- Microsoft Office packages including 2007.
- Active Directory administration.
- Hardware technical support.
- Audio/video technology support
- Anti-virus systems
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
How to apply
If you're interested in applying for this role, please download the job description to read more details about the position and the skills and experience we're looking for. To submit your application, click on 'Apply now' and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application closing date
21 Dec 2017
to be communicated
5th of February 2018
Click Here to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization's website to APPLY.