Social Solutions International, Inc. (Social Solutions), through the Coordinating Implementation Research, to Communicate Learning and Evidence (CIRCLE) Project, will be implementing a four-year Developmental Evaluation (DE) of USAID/Tanzania’s Boresha Afya Project. The USAID Boresha Afya project aims to support the Government of Tanzania (GoT) to increase access to high quality, comprehensive and integrated health services, particularly for women and youth. The project is implemented in three zones of Tanzania, namely Lake/Western Zone, North/Central Zone, and Southern Zone. Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator, the Finance and Administration Manager oversees project finance and accounts documentation, administrative support, travel and logistical arrangements.
Reports to: The Finance and Administration Manager will report to the Principal Investigator
Location: This position is based in Dar es Salaam
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Manage the financial operations and financial reporting of the DE project, providing guidance, training and technical assistance to financial and non-financial management personnel.
• Prepare accurate quarterly financial reports, monthly expense report and monthly fund requests in close collaboration with the Principal Investigator (PI)
• Work closely with Principal Investigator to set up all necessary financial and operation procedures
• Support the DE project startup, general project operations, development of all necessary financial and operations procedures
• Provide ongoing financial administration to the project, including the processing of approvals for procurements, consultant agreements, and vendor invoices.
• Prepare payment vouchers and corresponding checks, manage petty cash payments and reconcile petty cash balances monthly.
• Ensure that the books of accounts are up to date at all times, and are orderly, well kept, and readily available for reference and audit, when required.
• Ensure all Tanzania policies and procedures are adhered to including tracking payment of necessary local taxes
• Ensure that the project operations are in compliance with all USAID and Social Solutions procedures
• Create and maintain financial reporting and tracking systems that provide basic data on expenditure against the budget and develop/recommend cost cutting and compliant strategies where necessary
• Oversee the local procurement of goods and services, in coordination with the PI, following all relevant USAID and Social Solutions policies and procedures, including:
o Prepare and conduct local tenders.
o Maintain registry of local and regional vendors.
o Organize the receipt and assessment of quotations, and the selection of preferred bids.
• Participate in organization of workshops and meetings, responsible for venue booking and managing invitations
• Manage all project staff travel and other logistics to ensure smooth project implementation
• In close collaboration with the PI, manage project human resource related activities including hiring, termination, benefit tracking and monitoring performance appraisals
• Ensure the smooth running of the Tanzania Social Solution office on a day-to-day basis and provide any additional project support as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and required experience
• Bachelor’s Degree (minimum), or a Master’s Degree (desirable), in Business, Administration, or other relevant field.
• CPA (T) qualification is added advantage but not a must
• At least five (5) years of professional experience managing project operations, financial and contractual aspects of international development projects, preferably USAID-funded projects.
• Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations
• Strong analytical and computer skills, including significant experience with accounting packages
• Experience in logistics, procurement, and routine administrative office support is a must
• Ability to organize workshops and meetings is added advantage
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Fluency in English