Greenlight Planet is a renewable energy company focused on developing and marketing solar power products for off-grid communities in Asia, Africa and South America. We are also pioneers in technology-driven financing, enabling our customers to access credit through cloud-based lending models and partnerships with financial services providers.At heart, we are a profit-making social enterprise inspired by the desire to drive positive change through sustainable business.
We are passionate about bringing affordable energy, technology and finance to the over 2 billion people on our planet who lack access to basic resources and opportunities.We have won numerous accolades, including the 2016 Ashden International Award for Excellence in Sustainable Energy, and our products consistently earn recognition for their quality, including “best solar lamp” by the Economist Magazine and “best-in-category” prizes from the World Bank’s Lighting Global program.
Currently, we are present in 55 countries, with major offices and operation centers in Nairobi, Lagos, Mumbai and Shenzhen, and our global headquarters in Chicago, USA. As we continue to grow, we greatly appreciate how each new team member contributes unique and innovative solutions to our global mission, from new product designs to brilliant marketing strategies.
We listen closely to each other to improve our products, our service, and ultimately, the lives of our consumersPosition: Sun King Shop ExecutiveJob Location: Tanzania ( Songea, Arusha)Reporting to:
Regional Sales Manager
The Role:The Sun King Shop Executive will ensure that the overall performance targets of the store are met both in terms of quality and quantity.Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Inventory management
- Receive stock and keep track of inventory from warehouse
- Manage and issue out stock as per FIFO standards
- Dispatch stocks as per requirement
- Maintain and update stock cards
- Keep and share off-the -shelf sales details
- Maintain an updated Goods Received and Goods Issued log online
- Perform daily cycle counts on stock
- Receive faulty stock from the field and consolidate for disposal
- Conduct monthly stock take
- Manage all spare parts inventory and re-orders
- Prepare daily on hand stock report and share with team
- Report on daily issued out stock for replacement and or replenishment
- Repairs and Spare Parts management
- Take custody/responsibility of the repair tools and tool kits
- Perform basic check on the faulty units before replacement
- Conduct basic repair on the in warranty returns
- Store management
- Ensure the centre is well maintained tidy and that the shop floor arrangement is per SKU
- Ensure neatness on the repair work bench in line with the OSHA 2007
- Observation of safety procedures to avert hazards at the work bench
- Welcome walk-in customers and provide assistance as necessary
- Receive faulty components, identify the technical issue and verify warranty eligibility through several technical checks
- Support Energy Officers and coordinate with Call Center in resolving customer queries
The ideal candidate:
- Has a Diploma from a recognised institution in any related field
- Has 2 years’ hands on experience in a service centre
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills
- Has broad knowledge and understanding of the Sun King products
- Is able to demonstrate high levels of integrity with a proactive and positive attitude.
- Has strong customer focus
- Is a team player with high levels of flexibility
- Has proven report-writing experience
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Is computer literate with working proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people, everywhere. It is the reason we exist! So, regardless of your race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/Aids status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law, we will accept your application and make a decision based on your suitability for the position.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION