Position 1: Senior Research Scientist (EHES)(1 POST)
Position: Senior Research Scientist (1Post)
Reports to: Principal Investigator - GLP implementation
Work station: Bagamoyo
Apply by: January 5, 2018
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa, with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
The Senior Scientist will assist the Principal Investigator to implement GLP implementation and supervision of vector control product evaluation studies in Bagamoyo and Ifakara branch. Also will be required to write grant research proposals to respond to any relevant grant opportunities announced.
The Senior Scientist will report to the Principal Investigator - GLP implementation
• To assists on the Principal Investigator on implementation of GLP accreditation processes for the insecticide testing facilities in Bagamoyo and Ifakara branch
• To plan, organizes and supervise activities to make sure resources are used efficiently and effectively to meet expected goals
• To prepare, organization and cordinate the approval of relevant SOPs.
• To ensure the procedures specified in SOPs are followed adequately
• Ensure that all raw data generated during GLP studies are fully documented and kept appropriately
• Performs routine spot-checks on a weekly and monthly basis, to ensure compliance with GLP and international regulatory requirements
• Participates in study and facility inspections and client audits all the time.
• Supervise recording of data using established good documentation practices and reporting any deviations from the study protocol and associated SOPs
• Taking necessary steps to minimize the potential of contamination or mix-up of test and control products
• Draft and review protocols, study plans, ethical review board applications and associated documentation for GLP studies to ensure the integrity of data and that, study records are of high-
• PhD in vector biology or control, Public Health or related dicipline although MSc may also be considered
• Training and experience on medical entomology will be of significant importance.
• Familiarity with data analysis software like “R and Stata
• Technical credibility.
• Developing others
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Team building
• Financial management
Apply For This Job
All candidates meeting the above job requirements should channel their application letters with detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact address, e-mail, telephone numbers, and photocopies of academic and professional certificates to the address below. All e-mail application heading to read ‘Research scientist/ Senior Research Scientist
The Chief Human Resources Officer
Ifakara Health Institute,
Dar es Salaam
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The dead line for application is 05th January 2018.