Application deadline 2017-12-12
Job Role Entry Level Position Type Internship Organization Type Government
Kinondoni, Masaki Dar Es Salaam
The role of the Communication Unit (CU) is to support the development and implementation of the institute’s communication strategy in aid of realising the institute’s strategic plan in strengthening leadership for sustainable development in Africa. The CU therefore plays a supporting function to the key departments of the Institution, namely; CEO’s office, Research and Policy, and Capacity Building Department in achieving this goal.
The Communications Intern for UONGOZI Institute (UI) will therefore assist the Institute’s communications team in the day-to-day operations of a communications unit. He/She will work closely with UI’s Communications Officer and report directly to the Communications Manager.
Scope of the assignment
• Assist in frequently updating the Institution’s website
• Assist in maintaining an online presence on Twitter, Facebook and Social Media
• Updating email-list database
• Assist in drafting news releases, media alerts and other communications materials for external stakeholders
• Assist in maintaining internal communications
• Assist in proofreading, fact-checking and editing communications materials
• Assist in processing requisitions for goods/services provided by different vendors
• Transcribing audio/video communication material
• Assist in planning and organising regional forums and exhibitions
• Taking newsworthy photos at events and functions
• Assist in branding at different UONGOZI events
• Assist in performing print, broadcast and online media monitoring
• Help to identify, plan, and implement new communication strategies, platforms and tactics
• Assist in the compilation of stories for the Institutions newsletter
• Supporting team during crisis management situations
• Up-to-date email database of UONGOZI Institute stakeholders
• Frequently updated website and other online platforms such as Twitter and Facebook
• Bank of transcribed audio/video communication material
• Must hold a BA in Mass Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or any other related discipline
• Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Swahili
• Be able to operate a semi-professional camera
• Digitally savvy - online/social/mobile
• Proficiency in MS-Word, Excel and internet search tools
• Have time managements skills and the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team;
• Is capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
• Some volunteer experience preferred, although not required
• The Communications Intern will be provided with an initial three months contract.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications via firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line "Communications Intern".
The application should include:
• A detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
• Certified copies of certificates.
Your application must be received not later than 12th Dec 2017.
We regret that we will not be able to contact unsuccessful applicants.
UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer