Greenlight Planet is a renewable energy company focused on developing and marketing solar power products for off-grid communities in Asia, Africa and South America. We are also pioneers in technology-driven financing, enabling our customers to access credit through cloud-based lending models and partnerships with financial services providers.At heart, we are a profit-making social enterprise inspired by the desire to drive positive change through sustainable business.
We are passionate about bringing affordable energy, technology and finance to the over 2 billion people on our planet who lack access to basic resources and opportunities.We have won numerous accolades, including the 2016 Ashden International Award for Excellence in Sustainable Energy, and our products consistently earn recognition for their quality, including “best solar lamp” by the Economist Magazine and “best-in-category” prizes from the World Bank’s Lighting Global program.
Currently, we are present in 55 countries, with major offices and operation centers in Nairobi, Lagos, Mumbai and Shenzhen, and our global headquarters in Chicago, USA. As we continue to grow, we greatly appreciate how each new team member contributes unique and innovative solutions to our global mission, from new product designs to brilliant marketing strategies.
We listen closely to each other to improve our products, our service, and ultimately, the lives of our consumers
Position: Area Sales Manager (EasyBuy)
Job Location: Tanzania
Reporting to: Regional Sales Manager (EasyBuy)
The Role:The Area Sales Manager (EasyBuy) will take full operational responsibility for all market-side functions of the direct sales business: setting up supply chain operations; recruiting, training and leading Energy Officers in the region.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Prospect & shortlist Area distributors for final selection interview by RSM or Sales Head
- Recruit, train & develop team of Energy officers in the designated Area HQ as per laid down guidelines
- Daily monitoring and joint field work with Energy officers to ensure that EOs are active daily
- Meet weekly and monthly Sales targets
- Monitor Energy officers to ensure they adhere to all post sales collection activities including client calls and client visits
- This position reports directly to the Regional Sales Manager (EasyBuy) and involves 15 - 20 days of travel per month.
The ideal candidate:
- Is a graduate degree/diploma holder from a recognized University
- Has minimum 2 years' experience in Sales or Sales related environments like Sales coordination or Channel management such as recruiting distributors or agents
- Is well versed with the local market geography, language and trade market.
- Must reside in the designated Area HQ
- Has working knowledge of MS office, email and smartphone apps
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people, everywhere. It is the reason we exist! So, regardless of your race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/Aids status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law, we will accept your application and make a decision based on your suitability for the position.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION