IMA World Health is seeking a Senior M&E Specialist/Director for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded nutrition project in Tanzania. The project aims to strengthen the delivery of integrated community-based nutrition services and social and behavior change communication (SBCC) in Tanzania and to build the capacity of the government and communities to sustain these activities. The Senior M&E Specialist/Director will provide oversight to coordinate the monitoring of the program to ensure that key activities are being implemented efficiently to achieve the intended results and help measure the program's outcomes (including qualitative and quantitative assessments). S/he will lead analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement. S/he will guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidate program reports, promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt. The Senior M&E Specialist/Director will work in close partnership with IMA project staff, partner organizations and government (national and decentralized) for all M&E activities, strengthening capacity where needed. The Senior M&E Specialist/Director will report directly to the program Chief of Party and be based in Dar-es-Salaam. The position is contingent upon successful receipt of funding.
• Lead the project's overall M&E efforts, including the design and oversight of a strong M&E plan and Performance Management Plan (PMP).
• Support in the collection and monitoring of all M&E activities under the project; this includes reviewing data collection tools, supervising and/or conducting reports from fieldwork, conducting data analysis and interpretation of findings.
• Identify and train staff on appropriate nutrition, agriculture, and other relevant indicators in line with USAID, international, and national M&E standards.
• Oversee the program's robust learning component, including providing technical assistance for any evaluations.
• Conduct routine data quality assurance process to maintain adequate quality control in all aspects of M&E from data collection to results' reporting.
• Review partners progress reports in collaboration with program managers and provide feedback to the partners based on their performance.
• Ensure on-time, accurate, and quality reporting according to the cooperative agreement. Prepare semi-annual and annual reports and draft quarterly project reports in close collaboration with project staff.
• Build capacity of local stakeholders and project staff in relevant M&E topics, including data dissemination and use for program improvement; build the capacity of the project sites and support them to effectively introduce and maintain the project M&E systems and processes
• Participate in relevant M&E technical working groups and coordinating bodies; work with relevant ministries on project-linked M&E, as appropriate.
• Prepare or support routine reports, abstracts, presentations, brochures, project summary sheets, newsletters. Present at conferences or meetings when required.
• Master's Degree or higher in a relevant discipline (such as public health, statistics, or an M&E-related field).
• At least seven years' experience in successfully developing and implementing M&E systems in Sub-Saharan Africa required. Tanzania and/or East Africa experience preferred.
• Significant experience preferred in providing field-based technical assistance about M&E and learning in low resource countries.
• Knowledge of M&E approaches and indicators for one or more of the following project areas: nutrition, MCH, agriculture, and food security indicators. Experience with USAID indicators in these areas.
• Demonstrated experience in setting up and managing M&E systems (including databases) that track performance as per the objectives of the project.
• Analysis and data management skills as well as demonstrated analytical skills and experience in identifying and evaluating best practices and state-of-the-art approaches to be utilized by the project.
• A strong background in field research in health programming with experience in qualitative/quantitative methods and analysis is strongly preferred.
• Experience working with statistical databases (Stata, SAS, etc.) preferred, as well as strong skills in Excel, Word, Access and Power Point.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a team. Experience developing and delivering high-quality, on-time donor reports in accordance with cooperative agreement regulations.
• Tanzanian candidates preferred.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV/resume to the following email address: email@example.com
TO APPLY ONLINE CLICK HERE