Based: Arusha, Tanzania
Annually we send over 10,000 volunteers to 29 developing countries to gain experience in fields such as teaching, medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
We promote volunteering opportunities through our websites, social media accounts and events.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a difference, to help coordinate our Medical programme in Tanzania.
Your role as a Project Coordinator:
The role involves allocating volunteers to one of our medical projects, conducting town and placement orientation for new volunteers, and assisting volunteers during their stay in Tanzania. Our Project Coordinator also arranges outreach medical activities and workshops, and they mediate between parties to make sure everything related to the Medical project runs smoothly. The objective of the role is to make sure all volunteers are happy and comfortable with their medical programme, they have enough work to do, while the needs of the local community are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be in charge of the Medical Project; including training workshops, outreach activities and dealing with the placement matters.
• Train volunteers in the use of our tools for improved project planning and reporting.
• Optimize project planning and scheduling based on data collected in our database.
• Complete the monthly Programme Development reports.
• Monitor and visit volunteers in the field for feedback and discussion, conduct casual meetings and interviews with volunteers.
• Respond to volunteers’ queries, and solve their problems and complaints (Conflict management).
• Maintain effective communication with partner organization (hospitals, Government Medical officers and Village leaders).
• Lead project-specific induction for new volunteers to introduce them to project-specific.
• Be a Tanzanian citizen currently living in Tanzania.
• Diploma, B.Sc. or equivalent in Public Health or any other related field.
• Experience working with culturally diverse population.
• Experience in project development and management.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet, etc.
You will be offered a permanent contract, subject to passing a three-month probationary period. A job offer is dependent upon a successful interview and satisfactory references.
To apply, please complete the online application form and provide:
• A one-page cover letter explaining why you would be perfect for this role.
• A two-page CV highlighting your relevant experience
TO APPLY CLICK HERE