DUTY STATION: NGARAMTONI YA CHINI, ARUSHA
Maternity Africa is a local nonprofit organization in Tanzania, devoted to helping make child birth safe and treating obstetrical fistulas. We support local communities, provide information to keep mothers and babies healthy, as well as excellent medical care and training to ensure safer deliveries. We are looking to appoint kind, compassionate, experienced and highly motivated Assistant Medical Officer’s to be part of a wonderful team of dedicated and caring staff whom together will create a safe and Clinical Excellence Maternity Centre. If you want to work in a dynamic and fulfilling team environment, then this job is for you! We offer continual learning supported by dedicated nurse educators who assist in the provision of training.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide opinion and management for all outpatients and inpatients at the midwife’s request.
- Support labour ward and antenatal/ postnatal ward and give medical assistance when asked.
- Perform assisted deliveries and cesarean section and manage all complications of pregnancy and labour.
- Attend all obstetric emergencies when on call and follow through the management.
- Attend all patients with early pregnancy complications and see through their medical management.
- Be responsible for the medical care of all patients within the hospital.
- To mentor and support midwives and other health professionals.
- To assist during fistula camps- assist with screening patients, inpatient care and assist in theatres.
- Do on call service, including weekends and nights as per Kivulini Maternity Centre roster.
- To ensure all medical documentation is filled correctly and on time.
- Take on any other roles and responsibilities that arise in the day to day running of the centre as defined by the management team
Qualifications and Requirements
Holder of Advanced Diploma in Clinical Medicine from an accredited institution Must have been registered with the Tanzania Medical Board. Must have at least three (3) years of professional working experience. Be a safe practitioner Have the right attitude – Willingness to learn Be an effective Communicator Emphatic
To apply for this job, please click here