Other Dar es Salaam District Dar Es Salaam
Maternity Africa is a local nonprofit organization in Tanzania, devoted to helping make child birth safe and treating obstetrical fistulas. We support local communities, provide information to keep mothers and babies healthy, as well as excellent medical care and training to ensure safer deliveries. We are looking to appoint skilled, experienced and highly motivated individual to be part of a wonderful team of dedicated and caring staff whom together will create a safe and clinical excellence Maternity Centre. If you want to work in a dynamic and fulfilling team environment, then this job is for you!
Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform routine tests in assigned area of the laboratory as per current SOP
- To ensure specimens collected and received are documented or managed properly before analysis
- To evaluate specimen adequacy for test performance
- To perform and document preventative and corrective maintenance, function checks.
- To perform, evaluate and document quality control data and assure that patient results are reported when quality control does not pass
- To ensure safe working environment in the working Clinical Laboratory
- To perform instrument troubleshooting to correct problems
- Refer client’s inquiries to relevant clinicians
- To ensure specimens collected and received are well documented
- Ensure timely provision of various reports to laboratory
- To ensure valid results are verified before dispatch and are sent to the clinics/wards in a timely fashion
- Draw blood from all Booking patients for Antenatal clinic, see specific booking blood request form Be able to give appropriate counselling for HIV testing Liaise with procurement officer on a timely basis for procurement of reagents Maintain a Blood bank, with emergency blood available whenever possible.
- Remain a confidential approach to patients’ blood results Maintain the cleanliness and order of the laboratory Use universal precautions when drawing and disposing of samples Perform any other duties as directed by the supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum of a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences, or related fields from a recognized Institution Minimum of 2 years of professional work experience. She/he must be certified as Medical Laboratory Technologist.
- Must have the skills of analyzing samples using diverse techniques including.
- A proven ability to work in a team under minimal supervision, well written and oral communication skills in English and Swahili are also required.
- Must be knowledgeable about parasitology, biochemistry, haematology and microbiology.
- Strong analytical skills Technical proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint