You aspire to become a leader in global development by tackling a variety of the most complex global issues, from malnutrition to climate change to economic growth, ensuring no population is left behind. You drive the delivery of innovative and results-oriented solutions for clients and propose problem-solving, tailored frameworks that address client challenges. You excel in solving problems using clear strategic and creative thinking, and you want to put your skills to work – transforming organizations that enable change around the world. You are a passionate, committed self-starter with experience as a ‘top-performer’ in a leading international management consultancy firm (ex. McKinsey, BCG, Bain), and you have a passion for international development and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Dalberg consultants live and work around the world, creating a network of local experience anchored by our offices in Africa, Latin America, North America, Europe and Asia. Dalberg combines ground-level insight with experience from top-tier professional services firms and leading academic institutions to create actionable solutions to the world’s most pressing issues.
Typical qualifications for the Global Management Trainee in Dar-es-Salaam
• 2.5 to 3 years of experience as a ‘top performer’ in a leading international management consultancy (ex. McKinsey, Bain or BCG)
• Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative
• Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and coach/ manage junior team members where required
• Interest in global issues such as economic development, global health, education or the environment
• Professionalism and demonstrated experience working with senior officials in the public and/ or private sector
• Experience living and working in different cultures, time spent in developing countries strongly preferred
• Sensitivity to the political and cultural environments of international public agencies or similar complex environments
• Strong regional/in-country networks preferred
• Demonstrated fluency with English speaking and writing skills; proficiency with other languages a plus
Note: For this position, Dalberg Dar-es-Salaam will support applicants in securing requisite work authorization for the duration of the Program
What You Will Do and How You Will Grow
The Global Management Trainees are expected to provide the critical thinking and analytical horse power that drive our teams. They will own work streams, apply problem-solving frameworks, and conduct rigorous analyses to answer some of the most challenging questions in development today. With a combination of analytical skills and social acumen, you will simplify complex findings, develop insightful recommendations, and structure communications that promote constructive dialogues with diverse stakeholders in the public sector, private sector, civil society, and international communities.
Dalberg is a platform for change. Our staff is empowered to start new programs, institute best practices, and develop traditions that will define the Dalberg experience for years to come.
• Lead research and complex analyses on key development-related topics
• Develop and deliver structured communication to clients
• Coach junior team members
• Contribute to developing our partnership with clients and peer organizations
• Actively contribute towards Dalberg’s firm-building initiatives
What Can You Expect
• As a Global Manager Trainee, you get the opportunity to live and work in Dalberg’s most dynamic and fastest growing region – Africa, at what is arguably one of our most scenic offices – Dar es Salaam.
• This is an exciting position that challenges you to leverage your past work, training and academic experiences, to help public, private and non-governmental organizations tackle the world’s most pressing problems.
• You will gain 2-3 years of emerging markets experience, which is becoming a pre-requisite for leadership positions with top corporations everywhere in the world.
• You will continue learning new skills such as human-centered design, management of political sensitivities and complexities, coalition-building, and spurring change in an ecosystem.
• You will have access to formal project management training programs as well as on-the-job opportunities to develop your managerial capabilities as well as build expertise on critical development challenges.
• Dalberg will provide you with access to mentors and coaches that will support you through your Dalberg experience and prepare you for your next step as a Global Development Leader – whether this is within the Firm, in pursuit of your next academic accomplishment or onto a different organization!
• You will join a network of global development leaders who are passionate about an inclusive and sustainable world.
Please submit your application at www.dalberg.com/careers. Your application should include a resume, cover letter and a short essay. During the same recruitment period, please only apply to one position at Dalberg.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE