Greenlight Planet is a renewable energy company focused on developing and marketing solar power products for off-grid communities in Asia, Africa and South America. We are also pioneers in technology-driven financing, enabling our customers to access credit through cloud-based lending models and partnerships with financial services providers.
At heart, we are a profit-making social enterprise inspired by the desire to drive positive change through sustainable business. We are passionate about bringing affordable energy, technology and finance to the over 2 billion people on our planet who lack access to basic resources and opportunities.
We have won numerous accolades, including the 2016 Ashden International Award for Excellence in Sustainable Energy, and our products consistently earn recognition for their quality, including “best solar lamp” by the Economist Magazine and “best-in-category” prizes from the World Bank’s Lighting Global program.
Currently, we are present in 55 countries, with major offices and operation centers in Nairobi, Lagos, Mumbai and Shenzhen, and our global headquarters in Chicago, USA. As we continue to grow, we greatly appreciate how each new team member contributes unique and innovative solutions to our global mission, from new product designs to brilliant marketing strategies.
We listen closely to each other to improve our products, our service, and ultimately, the lives of our consumers
Position: Area Sales Representatives
Job Location: Tanzania (with 70-80% of time spent in field)
Reporting to: Partnerships Advisor, Tanzania
The Area Sales Representative will work to serve existing and potential Microfinance Institution partners by providing product and service information, supporting trade activation while resolving product issues effectively.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Driving sales across consumer sales channels in the assigned territory.
- Branch level inventory management
- Receiving client queries and resolving consumer and channel queries with stipulated guidelines and timelines.
- Efficiently supporting trade activations and marketing campaigns as per set plans.
- Planning and conducting product and sales trainings to partner staff.
- Fulfilling within reasonable time aftersales and warranty requirements.
- Consolidating reports on competition, routes traveled, branches visited and activated, sales and stock position etc.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a Degree or advanced Diploma in a business administration/ sales and marketing
- Has two to five years’ hands on experience in service/ FMCG or Renewable Energy industry
- Is computer literate with proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Has strong customer focus
- Is keen to deliver high standards of service
- Must work well under pressure, and ready to travel 75% of the time
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills.
- Has good communication skills with fluency in both written and spoken English and Swahili
- Thinks clear and embodies a problem solving ability
- Is results oriented and able to prioritize measurable objectives.
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people, everywhere. It is the reason we exist! So, regardless of your race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/Aids status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law, we will accept your application and make a decision based on your suitability for the position.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION