Organization: Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
City: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Office: CNFA in Dar es Salaam
CNFA is seeking a Social Safeguard Expert for the Consulting Services of Fund Manager activity under the Southern Agricultural Growth Corridor of Tanzania (SAGCOT) project. SAGCOT Catalytic Trust Fund (CTF) has received funding from the World Bank (WB) for stimulating business linkages between smallholder farmers and value chain buyers operating in Tanzania through Matching Grants. SAGCOT-CTF has been established as a public-private partnership to stimulate responsible and sustainable commercial development in the Southern Corridor of Tanzania and ensure clear benefits for smallholder farmers and their communities while improving food security, environmental sustainability and increased incomes.
- A post-graduate degree in social sciences including economics, sociology, anthropology or relevant fields;
- At least 5 years relevant experience working with multilateral/international financial institutions and/or working on projects financed by multilateral/ international financial institutions;
- Familiar with World Bank social safeguards policies and similar requirements and have demonstrated experience in successfully meeting these requirements
- Strong analytical, reasoning, communication and perfect writing skills;
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous and shifting demands and assignments, priorities and deadlines;
- Experience working on operations in the private sector and/or the public sector in Africa;
- Reliable and self-motivated with high degree of initiative and good performance reputation;
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to work in a team-oriented and multi-cultural environment; and
- Strong language skills in either Swahili or English and sufficient working knowledge of the other.
- Knowledge and skill of standards set out by the World Bank/International Finance Corporation and MIGA. Of key importance are issues such as displacement of people and child labor;
- English fluency required, proficiency in Swahili strongly preferred.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Deadline for submission is November 17, 2017.