Closing date: Tuesday, 30 January 2018
Type of role: Engineering and technical
Location: Lindi with occasional travelling to Mtwara, Tanzania
Partner organisation: V E T A (Tanzania)
Application Closing Date: 31 Jan 2018
Interview date: To be confirmed later
Start date: to be confirmed
VSO is the world's leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
The Welding and Fabrication Adviser will work with Vocational Education and Training Authority (VETA) teachers to provide advice, coaching and where possible support other workshops in welding and fabrication related operations.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Professional qualifications and experience
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering (Welding and fabrication), Diploma in Vocational training or QTS certification
- Have at least three years in welding maintenance department of a factory or an establishment such as a hospital, public utility company or office building.
- Have at least two years experience in practical vocational training
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in a developing country.
- Experience of working in Low resource settings
- Preference is given to those who have background experience in industrial operations or vocational training experience.
- Education background on international qualifications like City and Guilds or any other will be added advantage
If you're interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Click the link below to visit the original announcement on the recruiting organization's website.