Position: Accounts Payable- Coordinator
Duty Station: Arusha
The School of St Jude is a 100% charity-funded education institution that provides free, high-quality primary and secondary scholarships to 1,800 of the poorest and brightest students in the Tanzanian region of Arusha.
We are looking to appoint an Accounts Payable- Coordinator to effectively manage accounts and develop relationships of internal and external payable stakeholders, ensuring the best value for money and internal controls are being provided.
Reporting To: Finance Manager
• Prepare monthly financial reporting packs for each of the three headmasters
• Prepare monthly financial reporting packs for each business manager.
• Prepare other adhoc reports when requested.
• Assist in the preparation of IAS/IFRS compliant financial report annually.
• Assist with the annual audit and all other compliance matters
• Check reconciled bank statements
• Check reconciled petty cash at least weekly
• Regular checking of QuickBooks to make sure account code classifications are correct.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual capital and operating budget.
• Maintain the Fixed Asset Register of the school
• Monitor actual/budget spending and alert Finance Manager of any potential overspend.
• NB This position will not handle any cash directly. It will be considered gross misconduct if this person handles any cash. Separation of duties is vital.
• Process daily cash transactions into financial database.
• Regular follow up of the purchasing activities.
• Take part/ represent the finance manager in financing committee.
• Pro-active involvement into formulating and improving internal controls.
Participate and support fellow staff in school mission related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
Perform any other duties as assigned by Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and required experience
• CPA certification will receive preference.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• 3-5 years’ experience in an accounting/finance role, ideally in the trading industry
• Experience in bookkeeping, management, or relevant field may be required.
• Ability to analyze financial data in order to prepare accurate financial reports
• Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting and legislation
• High level of accountability, accuracy, and efficiency, especially when multitasking.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, time management, problem-solving, and math’s skills.
• Proficient in QuickBooks Accounting Package & MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
How to Apply
Interested Candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their CV accompanied by a Cover Letter to email@example.com.Applications should be sent by 17th January, 2018. SUBJECT LINE MUST INCLUDE THE REFERENCE NUMBER.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
The School of St Jude
PO Box 11875, Arusha,