Scholarship Description: Ghent University, belgium is offering PhD fully funded scholarships for international students. The fully-funded PhD scholarship at the Centre for EU Studies, Department of Political Science, Ghent University. The Awardee will conduct doctoral research on the influence of human rights NGOs on the European Union’s (EU) human rights promotion in the post-Soviet space. International Students can apply before Januray 11, 2018.
Scholarship Provider: Ghent University, belgium is providing this fully funded PhD Oppurtunity. The Ghent University is a public research university located in Ghent, Belgium. Ghent is one of the largest Flemish universities, consisting of 41,000 students and 9,000 staff members.
Degree Level Offered: PhD
Available Subject: This scholarship opportunity is available on the influence of human rights NGOs on the EU’s policy towards post-Soviet space.
Scholarship Benefits: This is a fully funded scholarship.
Eligible Nationalities / Targeted Students: International students are eligible to apply.
- Eligibility Criteria: As applicant;
- You have obtained a Master’s degree in Political Science or EU Studies, or an equivalent qualification in a relevant field, such as International Relations.
- You are interested in EU foreign policy, human rights promotion and the EU’s policies towards the post-Soviet space, and are highly motivated to conduct academic research on these topics.
- You have knowledge of and/or are interested in qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- You have an outstanding academic record, as exemplified, among other things, by excellent study results.
- You are able to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Language Requirements: Yes ( Applicants must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English.)
- A cover letter, in which you specify why you are interested in the position and why you consider yourself a suitable candidate
- A short essay (ca. 1,000 words, excluding references) on (an aspect of) the theme of this research (e.g. it can be about EU human rights promotion, the role of human rights NGOs in EU policy-making, or the EU’s policies towards the post-Soviet space).
- A CV
- Transcripts of your qualifications to date (degrees and grade lists)
- Names and contact information for two references
- Submit your application in a single PDF (not exceeding 5MB) via e-mail to fabienne.bossuyt-at-ugent.be. Please put “PhD application on human rights NGOs” in the subject line of your email.