Norwegian Refugee Council
Political instability in Burundi and the Democratic Republic of the Congo has caused a large number of refugees to seek sanctuary in Tanzania. As of March 2017, Tanzania is hosting almost 235,000 Burundian refugees, with a daily arrival of more than 300 persons. To respond to this situation, NRC opened an operational office in Kibondo, North Western Tanzania, in November 2016. It now operates in three camps hosting Burundian asylum seekers and refugees in Mtendeli and Nduta camps and Burundian and Congolese asylum seekers and refugees in Nyarugusu Camp
NRC became Implementing Partner with UNHCR from 1st May 2017 for Camp Management in Nyarugusu and the Camp Management Project Manager (CM PM) is required to establish and implement the Camp Management portfolio in Nyarugusu refugee camp. The CM PM will have overall responsibility for the implementation and reporting for NRC’s camp management activities in Nyarugusu, Tanzania.
DUE TO THE URGENCY OF THIS POSITION; NRC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVIEW CV'S AS THEY COME & CONTACT CANDIDATES BEFORE THE DEADLINE.
IF YOU HAD PREVIOUSLY APPLIED FOR THIS POSITION; PLEASE DO NOT APPLY.
Click the link below to see the complete Terms of Reference
- Minimum of three years of project management experience, gained from managing camp management projects in camp and camp like-settings; especially in protracted scenarios.
- Results-oriented attitude, with the ability to establish and supervise technical lines, promote communication, knowledge sharing and culture of learning, manage multiple work streams while ensuring quality.
- Ability to assess institutional and professional capacity, design capacity development strategies, and deliver organisational and staff development through a variety of means, including formal and informal training, mentoring, coaching, on-the-job training and workshop facilitation.
- Ability to rapidly understand the policy, strategic and institutional environment and to provide contextually appropriate and achievable technical advice.
- Understanding and experience of project monitoring, evaluation and reporting, with the ability to design effective M&E tools and train implementation staff in their use, and to use evidence to enhance project design and management.
- Strong understanding and proved experience in developing participatory approaches
- Sound interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with in particular the ability to write concise, accurate reports in easily-understood language.
- Commitment to participatory and inclusive methods of working.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relations with national staff members and other stakeholders.
- Experience living and working in cross-cultural, multi-sector, insecure, and/or remote environments
- Managing resources to optimise results.
- Managing performance and development.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Handling insecure environments.
- Strategic thinking.
- Initiating action and change.
Duty station: Kasulu/Makere- Kibondo, Tanzania
Commencement: As soon as possible
Contract duration:1 year contract with possibility of extension subject to funding availability
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions in Tanzania. The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for NRC Tanzania.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE