The Community Engagement Officer is a key member of the projects Team and is responsible to promote MST services within the community and strengthen relationship of MST and communities and foster collaboration with various community groups, organizations, influential people and all other development partners within MST areas of work. He/she will do this by providing accessible information to young people, women, men, their families and the local community to increase the capacity of the community to access sexual and reproductive health and general medical care from MST. He/she will also help to increase community awareness of sexual and reproductive health issues especially family planning and CPAC among young people and women. He/she will establish strong linkage and relationship with local community government, religious and traditional leaders and all other stakeholders like, NGOs, CSO, CBOs, police, art groups and the like.
• Community Engagement Activities Design, Planning, Budgeting, implementation, monitoring and Evaluation:
• Community Engagement Advice and Support
• Research, Monitoring and Evaluation:
• Actively engage in MST Advocacy activities:
• MST’s representative within the community and among community stakeholders:
• Minimum of a University Degree in Health, behavior change and communication, social work or other related fields. Master Degree will be an added advantage;
• Good lobbying and advocacy skills;
• Proven ability to ‘sell’ ideas, concepts
• Fluent English both oral and written.
• General knowledge of community health, sexual and reproductive health, advocacy, Family Planning and Marketing
• General knowledge of budgeting, financial management and project management are added advantages
• At least 2 years’ experience in a community works, preferably in the health organization or reproductive health &family planning,
• At least 2 years’ experience in community health promotion, advocacy and working with other NGOs. CSOs, CBOs and the government;
• At least 2 years’ experience in working with young people and women and their groups;
• At least 2 years’ experience in preparing and delivering presentations in large groups of people and organizing community events or dialogues,
• Minimum one year experience participating and/or engaging in research, monitoring and evaluation activities,
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to manage and motivate teams to achieve targets
• Ability to use computers in generating IEC materials and other related documents
Apply for this job
If you feel that you are able to meet the requirements and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your applications including a cover letter detailing your suitability and why you are interested in this post to the address below:
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
11 Kinyonga Street
P. O. Box 7072, Dar Es Salaam.
Telephone: +255 (0) 768987780
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.