Advertised on behalf of
Title Re- Advertisement Operations Associate
Job ID 13854
Duty Station Dodoma, Tanzania, United Republic of
Education & Work Experience
C-HS Graduate or Equivalent - 6 year(s) experience
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the UN Inter-Agency Operations Committee and direct supervision of UNICEF’s Chief of Operations, the Operation Associate (UN House) shall ensures execution of transparent and efficient financial, procurement and administrative/logistics services and processes in the UN Common Service Center Unit. The Operation Associate (UN House) promotes a client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the Unit.
The Operation Associate shall supervise security and support staff of the UN Common Service Center. S/He works in close collaboration with the operations staff in all UN agencies’ staff for administrative/logistics issues and information exchange.
The National UN Administrative Associate will undertake the following tasks:
Summary of Key Functions:
• Support to administrative and logistical services;
• Support to office maintenance and assets management;
Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Full compliance of administrative activities with UN rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
• Provision of inputs to the Common Services administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Provision of inputs to preparation of administrative team results-oriented work plans.
Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the Registry/Reception, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Contacts with visitors and staff, arrangement of appointments and meetings, when required taking minutes.
• Maintenance of office Petty Cash account (record petty cash expenditures and replenishment), maintain office inventory, ensure timely requests for office supplies, collect profoma invoices from office vendors & other service providers, liaise with relevant UN agency to facilitate timely payments, support financial forecast for the sub-office
• Compilation and preparation of the UN briefing and presentation materials, background information and documentation for meetings and new arrivals.
• Arranges for and/or attends meetings on a day-to-day administrative matters, participates in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices, interprets and assess the impact of changes, and makes recommendations for follow-up action.
• Participate in the One UN common services meetings and serve as focal point in the field office for the Administrative and operational activities.
• Translation of simple correspondences, when needed.
Ensures effective administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions.
• Administrative and logistical support to conferences, workshops, retreats taking place in the UN House premises.
• Assistance in arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
• Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
• Extraction of data from various sources..
Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Maintenance of records on assets management, preparation of reports.
• Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance and utilities.
• Liaising with Landlord on office issues
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
• Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark IVD);
• Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
• Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
• Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNVpublications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
• Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
• Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
• Demonstrates commitment to UN mission, vision and values;
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Knowledge Management and Learning
• Shares knowledge and experience.
• Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
• Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes that are fully documented, researched, recorded and reported.
• Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify and resolve operational problems.
• Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work.
• Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations.
• Strong IT skills, knowledge of ERP based system would be an asset.
• Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new systems.
Leadership and Self-Management
• Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
Required Skills and Experience
• Completion of Secondary education; thorough knowledge of modern office operational procedures and standards; training in business and management field at certificate level.
• At least 6 years of relevant experience in administration or office support service. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
• Experience in handling of web-based management systems is desirable but not a requirement.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE