MIE - Programme Coordinator
Position: Program Coordinator
Program: Modelling Inclusive Education (MIE) Reporting to: Inclusive Education Program Manager
Contract type: Fully Time
Contract duration:3 Months
Location: Dar es Salaam
ADD Tanzania is seeking to recruit a qualified Program Coordinator responsible for taking the lead in planning, organizing and overseeing implementation of ADD Tanzania Inclusive programme bearing in mind approaches and strategies as detailed in the project proposal that acts as the overall guideline to the programme implementation
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Programme Development and Delivery: Ensure project outcome delivered to quality required by the programme (with specified risks and benefits), to schedule, within set budgets and scope. Provide a key co-ordination and implementation role, ensuring project management standards are followed and deadlines met.
o Prepare management products - including project implementation plan, Activity vs Budget plans, quarterly and annual reports as per ADD and donor requirements in the agreed contracts.
o Provide supervision for implementation and integration of activities that make up the inclusive education programme.
o Ensure programme implementation is responsive to the needs and aspirations of learners with disability as in line with NSIE and ADD values, strategic plan and other guidelines and procedures
• Budgeting and Forecasting: Manage project financial budgets and targets, providing accurate and timely information on expenditure
• Stakeholder Management and Communications: Build effective working relationships with project stakeholders, engaging them at each project stage, ensuring communications have appropriate content and tone. Manage information flows between the directing and delivering levels of the project. Ensure organisational communications about project benefits, progress and outcomes suit audience and are timely. Anticipate project risks and issues, communicating them to stakeholders, taking action to resolve.
o Establish and maintain up to date key program stakeholders’ contacts at Local and Central Government levels in the project area and the country at large.
o Popularize and enhance project visibility to all project stakeholders at Local, District and National level
• Project Team Management: Establish, lead and motivate the project team, set the performance objective indicators for each, ensure regular progress review meetings takes place and behavioural expectations established.
• Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning: Work very closely with MEL coordinator to develop baselines, mid and final project reviews. Lead the measurement and realisation of benefits delivered by the project. Facilitate project data collection as a way of generating an evidence-based and inclusive education delivery.
• Grant Management: Effectively manage donor grant allocated to project, ensuring that the grant is well managed and is in line with donor terms and conditions outlined in contracts.
• Resource Mobilisation: Ensure appropriate human resource in terms of skills, competencies, capabilities and capacity within your team are made available across ADD globally to facilitate the effective design, implementation and monitoring of the existing or new project.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor degree in Education, Social Science Community or Development studies,
• Master’s degree would be an added advantage
• Minimum of 5 years senior level programme management experience
• Prior job experience with organizations working with vulnerable groups
• Lived experience of disability (desirable)
• Financial management experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience of developing and maintaining relationships with a variety of stakeholders, at local, district, and national level
• Good understanding of inclusive education programming
• Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and think/plan strategically
• Demonstrated experience in managing and developing team working and the ability to lead and motivate others to work
• Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili
• Commitment to equality and diversity, experience of working with disabled people and/or other marginalised groups is an essential requirement.
Interested candidates should send their application (consisting of Covering letter, CV) to; the following physical address
The Country Director ADD International,
Tanzania (Action on Disability and Development) Mikocheni Warioba;
Plot 442, House # 59; Daima Street
P.O Box 33659,,
Dar es Salaam.
OR submit through emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org