THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA MINISTRY OF WORKS REGIONAL MANAGER’S
OFFICE – KILIMANJARO REGION
28 th December 2017
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is vested with the responsibility of maintenance
and development of Trunk and Regional Roads Networks in Tanzania Mainland. Apart from this,
it is also responsible in conducting Axle Load Control Operations using weighbridges.
As a measure to strengthen capacity of discharging TANROADS’ functions effectively, the
Regional Manager, TANROADS Kilimanjaro Region seeks to recruit qualified and competent
Tanzanian Citizens to fill the vacancies at its Himo Weighbridge Station and Regional Office
and the mobile weigh scale.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill the various
vacancies in the region on Contract terms (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
Appointment will be on Contract Terms of two years, renewable subject to satisfactory
1. POSITION TITLE: SHIFT IN CHARGE – (1 VACANCY)
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Successful applicants must be ready to work on “shift” basis including Weekends and
Public Holidays. They should be willing to work for considerable lengths of time away
from their permanent stations with minimum supervision.
The Position Holder shall report to the Head of Weighbridge Unit.
1. Enforcement of Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge scale
2. Overall Supervision of shift activities
Carrying out activities as described in the Roads Traffic (maximum Weigh of Vehicles)
Regulations, 2001. The activities include the following:
1. Weigh Motor Vehicles of Gross vehicle Weight (GVW) on our Public Roads.
2. If the vehicle is found overloaded the Operator should impose road damage fee on
3. Measure physical dimension of motor vehicles or any load being carried on the motor
vehicle, and in case of non-compliance with vehicle dimension limits, the transporters
should be caused to seek for a special permit.
4. For trucks carrying abnormal loads with special permits, the Weighbridge Operator
shall ascertain compliance to the permit. Any discrepancy should be reported to the
Weighbridge in charge for appropriate action.
5. Record all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed.
6. Observe good customers care, dignity and integrity
7. Report all matters to the Regional Manager
8. Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by Regional Manager
1. Academic Qualification:
Holder of a Degree in Engineering related field from recognized Higher Learning
Institution/Colleges. Higher qualifications will have an added advantage.
2. Age: Not above 40 and not below 35 years of age.
3. Must be Computer literate (at least Advanced Certificate in Computer Applications)
4. Must be fluent in English and Kiswahili languages
5. Must be Tanzanian Citizen
2. POSITION TITLE: – DRIVER (3 VACANCIES)
A. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The holder of this post who reports to Shift In-charge will be responsible for carrying out
activities as described in the Road Traffic (maximum Weigh of Vehicles) Regulations,
2001 which include the following;
1. Driving motor vehicles in urban and remote areas;
2. Maintaining the vehicle logbook and all accident records pertaining to the assigned
3. Keeping repairs or maintenance needs of the vehicle to the shift In-charge timely;
4. Reporting repairs or maintenance needs of the vehicle to the shift In-charge timely;
5. Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
6. Performing such other related duties as may be assigned by the Shift In-charge.
B. KEY QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Holder of a Certificate of Secondary Education Exam. (CSEE)
2. Holder of valid Class C equivalent driving license;
3. Having driving experience of at least five years;
4. Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English language;
5. Must be a Tanzanian Citizen;
6. Not above 35 years of age.
3. POSITION TITLE: SECURITY GUARD (2 VACANCIES)
A. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Guarding the premises and properties of the Agency
2. Watch for and report irregularities or hazards
3. Control of vehicles
4. Apprehends anyone who threatens loss, damage, safety or security to agency
property and immediately informs the management and/or the police;
5. Assists in providing evidence in criminal cases involving theft or damage of
6. Any other duty assigned by office supervisor.
B. KEY QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Minimum Certificate of Secondary Education Exam. (CSEE)
2. Must have attended people’s militia course (Mgambo)
3. Not above 40 years of age
A competitive remuneration and benefits package will be offered to the successful
candidates for the above positions.
a) Any Tanzanian citizen who meets the conditions and requirements of this
advertisement is invited to apply.
b) Applicants who are employed should route their applications through their current
c) Any person with unresolved criminal offences is not eligible and therefore should
d) All applications should have three names of referees and their day time
e) Only short listed candidates will be called for interview.
f) Women are highly encouraged to apply.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Only candidates who are willing to join the Agency immediately/after being notified are
invited to send their own handwritten application letters.
All interested candidates are required to apply to undersigned not later than Friday 10th
January 2018 attaching to their applications, CVs, copies of certified certificates, birth
certificates, the names of three referees with their daytime telephone numbers and the
candidate’s own daytime telephone contact. Applications which will be received after
the deadline shall be considered. Applications via e-mails, fax and hand delivery
are not permitted. Only original certificates will be taken into consideration.
Application letters should be addressed to:
The Regional Manager,
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS),
Old Moshi Road,
P.O. Box 3051,
Tel: +255 27 2755195
+255 27 2750391
Fax: +255 27 2750108