President’s Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat on behalf of the Medical
Stores Department (MSD), invites qualified Tanzanians to fill two (2) vacant posts as
1.1 MEDICAL STORES DEPARTMENT (MSD)
The Department is a non-profit making and an autonomous Department under the
Ministry of Health and Social Welfare which was established by an Act of Parliament
No.13 of 1993 with an objective of developing, and maintaining an efficient and cost –
effective system of procurement, storage and distribution of approved medicine and
other medical supplies required for use by the public health facilities.
It has a zonal network all over the country directly serving 6000 health facilities through
an Integrated Logistical System.
1.1.1 SENIOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR 1 POST MSD HEAD OFFICE
1.1.2 REPORTS TO: DATABASE MANAGER
1.1.3 JOB PURPOSE: The Senior Database Officer is responsible Designs, develops,
implements and maintains all ICT business application/software systems and their
related databases and supports training of users of these applications.
1.1.4 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Installs, configures and upgrade Database server software and related products.
• Monitors storage and utilization growth and changes and advice on capacity
• Performs data backups, storage and recovery during development,
implementation and periodical testing.
• Provides database troubleshooting and user support.
• Evaluates Database features and related products if they meet established user
requirements for beneficial utilization.
• Conducts Database design, implementation and maintenance.
• Implements and maintains database security.
• Carries out database performance monitoring.
• Conducts in-house training for database users.
• Monitors users requests, progress and report on unresolved problems.
• Reviews relevant change and custom releases for risk and impact analysis.
• Ensures the implementation of backup & recovery policies and procedures.
• Executes database migrations, patching and critical patch upgrades.
• Creates and maintains system/process documentation.
• Ensures that the required standards of reliability and safety performance of the
constituent systems are achieved in the deliverables.
• Develops and carries out user training programs for database and related
• Performs any other official duties as may be assigned by Supervisors from time
1.1.5 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Holders of Bachelor Degree in IT or equivalent qualification from a recognized
institution and Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) certified.
• Computer literate
• Four (4) years relevant experience
• Communication skills
• analytical skills
• Problem solving skills
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with Institute’s salary scale MSDS 5
1.1.8 PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER 1 POST MSD HEAD OFFICE
1.1.9 REPORTS TO: SENIOR PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
1.1.10 JOB PURPOSE: To ensures the correct information about MSD services and
activities are correctly disseminated to the media.
1.1.11 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyse Media coverage
• Prepare events, articles and stories for print and electronic media.
• Monitor both electronic and print media
• Coordinate of MSD corporate events
• Prepare Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR) support activities
• Follow up on internal and external PR issues
• Organize Promotional events such as press conferences and exhibitions
• Deal with enquiries from public press and stakeholders
• Design, write and produce press releases and public notice concerned several
• Provide support in maintaining organization good image.
• Coordinate several visits.
• Collect information from different Directorates.
• Assist in writing of speeches and articles.
• Initiate press releases.
• Performs any other official duties as may be assigned by Supervisors from time to
1.1.12 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Holders of first degree in Mass Communications or equivalent qualification from a
• Computer literate.
• Interpersonal Skills
• listening skills
• negotiations skills
• Computer graphics design programs skills
• Presentation skills
• Customer Care Skills
• Report writing
• Attractive remuneration package in accordance with Institute’s salary scale
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The position attracts permanent and pensionable contract.
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age;
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable
contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this
iv. Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
• Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
• Birth certificate
v. Applicants who will attach copies of the following certificates strictly not accepted;
• Form IV and form VI results slips
• Testimonials and all Partial transcripts
vi. Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters
through their respective employers;
vii. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason
should not apply;
viii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
ix. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level
education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania
(NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
x. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania
Commission for Universities (TCU);
xi. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to
xii. A signed application letters should be written either in Swahili or English and
Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
27 Bibi Titi Mohammed Road, P.O.Box 63100, Maktaba Complex, 11102 Dar Es
xiii. Deadline for application is 12 January, 2018 and;
xiv. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
xv. Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the
following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address
can also be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT