SENIOR) INVESTMENT ASSOCIATE
Application Deadline: 2/11/18 at 11:59 pm EST.
We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Each of Dalberg’s businesses approaches problems differently, and all work together to have impact at scale.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 17 worldwide locations and has successfully completed over 1300 engagements for more than 500 clients. For more information, please visit www.dalberg.com .
About Our Firm
Dalberg Capital, part of the Dalberg Group, is an investment advisor facilitating investments that catalyze economic and social change. We advise on investments and develop investment strategies equally driven by purpose and performance. We design new ways to invest in emerging markets and mobilize capital to tackle development challenges. By combing best practices from across the financial services sector with deep understanding of frontier markets, we created tailored capital solutions that accelerate inclusive and sustainable growth. From our offices in Johannesburg, London, Nairobi and Washington DC, we work with a diverse range of clients in the public and private sector, from investors and asset managers, sector catalysts and entrepreneurs alike.
Dalberg Capital has an extensive track record in bringing investment programs, especially in underserved communities, from concept to reality, such as blended fund structures, insurance de-risking mechanisms and guarantees, as well as results-based financing programs and impact bonds. Over the past five years, we have completed over 50 engagements.
Dalberg Capital was founded in 2011 by Liesbet Peeters and Dalberg, a global group of companies working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world with over 320 professionals across 20 offices worldwide.
Dalberg Capital is looking to recruit bright, motivated, and entrepreneurial (Senior) Investment Associates. Positions are available in London, Nairobi, Dar es Salaam or Addis Ababa.
(Senior) Investment Associate responsibilities include:
• Lead project teams and manage our engagements’ day-to-day work, deliverables and client management;
• Conduct complex financial modelling independently and build well-structured models that are easy to use by others;
• Lead synthesis of financial analysis into development of disciplined investment recommendations independently;
• Perform in depth due diligence of potential social venture/investment opportunities for our clients, including identifying and assessing financial and risk management issues;
• Prepare investment recommendations and investment performance reports for our clients;
• Assist in building up partnership opportunities with other actors active in the field of (venture) philanthropy and impact investing, and business development with our management team;
• Play a leading role in positioning our firm as a thought leader in impact investing, particularly in key sectors such as education, energy, and agriculture
Responsibilities are subject to change.
• Minimum four years of relevant work experience, in the field of finance (private equity, venture capital, fund management, commercial banking) or corporate or accounting with strong exposure to the finance sector;
• Recently completed an MBA from a top-tier university, or university degree at Master Level in applied economics, political science, international politics or similar;
• You have experience managing projects or investments in developing countries, understanding how to assess investment opportunities and leading a team to do so, particularly in Sub-Saharan Africa;
• Demonstrated excellent financial modelling and quantitative analysis skills;
• Strong understanding and demonstrated experience in education, renewable energy or agriculture finance will be a real advantage;
• Experience planning, leading and managing teams, including coordinating with peers to achieve desired outcomes, and tracking and reporting on progress to senior leadership, clients and other stakeholders;
• Ability to manage a number of work-streams concurrently and semi-independently in a dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment;
• Strong interpersonal skills and alignment with Dalberg’s social mission;
• Emerging market experience preferred;
• Fluency in English required, working business proficiency in French or any African language highly preferred
• Employment authorization in Ethiopia, Kenya or Tanzania are not required, but please let us know if you do
Please submit your application at www.dalberg.com/careers. In your application, please provide:
• Your latest resume/CV
• A cover letter stating your motivation and fit for this position
• A short essay, within 600 words, answering the question “What is an investment solution to poverty that you think could help improve development outcomes?”
We are currently accepting applications and the deadline is Sunday, 11 February at 11:59pm EST. Interviews will test modelling, finance and consulting skills through case questions, as well as discuss the candidate’s interests and experience. As the interviews progress to final rounds, candidates may be asked to interview in-person at a Dalberg Capital office.
Dalberg is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE