The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS Plus) is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health, which began in September 2015. The primary goal of the project is to improve health outcomes and contribute to the achievement of major global efforts, especially Ending Preventable Child and Maternal Deaths, AIDS-free Generation, and FP2020. The private sector is integral to the health system and an important provider of priority health care services. To improve health outcomes and meet these global commitments, SHOPS Plus will strategically engage the private sector.
SHOPS Plus in Tanzania will increase the use of priority health services for FP, HIV, and malaria by strengthening the capacity of the private sector to provide quality health products and services, improving the enabling environment for private sector provision of health products and services, and improving ownership of total market approaches within Tanzanian institutions.
The Program Coordinator will support the Senior Program Officers in the implementation of SHOPS Plus activities in the country. This position encompasses a combination of administrative and technical responsibilities to make sure the program runs efficiently. He/she will also contribute to the M&E systems, especially by inputting and maintaining data into the project database, under the supervision of a Sr. Program Officer.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Support the Sr. Program Officers in the implementation of technical assistance activities, including production of work plans and progress reports, scopes of work for trips, supporting logistics for short-term technical assistance, processing subcontracts; and procuring goods and services needed for project activities according to USAID regulations.
• Supports administrative needs of the Team including note-taking and dissemination for team meetings/calls, organizing project documents and project files.
• Establishes and maintain the master shared file for the project.
• Oversees the logistics, preparation and coordination of training workshops, meetings and other project events. Assists in preparing materials for workshops and meetings.
• Maintains documents that track progress of the activities, as directed by the Sr. Program Officers.
• Supports the Senior Program Officers in regular project monitoring and evaluation, including collecting inputs, reviewing data, and coordinating with partners and staff as needed
• Support implementation of technical assistance activities including arranging the administrative aspects (logistics) for project activities
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
• Preferred Master’s degree in public health or business related field plus 4 years’ experience.
• Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience working on USAID-funded health projects/programs.
• Strong knowledge of USAID financial and contractual requirements, protocols and US government regulations.
• Experience problem-solving and working as part of a team.
• Strong professional skills; fluency in English.
• ( 2+ ) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE