Job Vacancy Database Developer
POSITION TITLE: Database Developer
REPORTING TO: Monitoring & Evaluation Technical Advisor
LOCATION: Dar Es Salaam with frequent field travel up to 75%
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION:
To provide technical support in implementing high-standard computer-based health facility record keeping systems for patient record management of CTC / PMTCT/HTC/EID/APSS/FSG, KVP and Laboratory programs in support of the Ministry of Health’s National AIDS Control Programme and ZIHTLP. To provide technical support in database development and management for public health evaluations as needed.
- To design and develop data models and database architecture
- To construct, install and test the database system
- To write manuals or explain databases function
- To consult with others to assess the system performance and modifications as required
- To modify existing databases, as user needs change o Find faults in programs
- To prepare reports on databases & Customize databases for specific needs
- To train users and provide technical support
- To coordinate and support development of other databases, by data managers as needed
- To train and supervise M&E teams in new data system to ensure timely data entry, cleaning on a routine basis, generation of data queries and routine progress reports
- To collaborate with team members to prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports on supported program areas
- To develop and respond to queries related to data analysis
- To perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
Bachelors degree or certified training in Computer Science, IT/HMIS, data management or a related discipline Advanced skills in computer programming and analytical software an advantage
3 years relevant experience with VB/C#.net application development and use, data analyses with standard software packages and implementing protocols for data quality assurance
Strong supervisory and management skills
Ability to work independently
Fluent in English
Experience working with NGOs and/or donor-funded programs is an added advantage.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should apply through THPS website (www.thps.or.tz) using vacancy link located under career opportunities, attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by April 28th 2017 with a subject line for example: Database Developer. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.
CLICK HERE TO APLLY