NAFASI YA AJIRA / KAZI YA KILIMO
SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE TANZANIA (SAT)
P.O. Box 6369 Morogoro
Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT) is a grassroots organization registered in Tanzania. SAT has launched two new projects (Farmer and Pastoralist Collaboration) and (Uluguru Spice Project). We are looking for an ambitious, experienced and driven professional to join our dynamic team here in Morogoro.
Job Title: Farm Manager (based at SAT Farmer Training Centre)
The Farm Manager is responsible for planning, organising and managing the activities on the farm as well as carry out training on livestock keeping. Specific tasks include:
• Oversee the day to day management of the farm (horticulture, forestry, livestock, training, field crops, processing and administration departments)
• Planning activities for farm staff, mentoring and monitoring them.
• Overseeing the strategic plan for SAT Farm and actively participate in planning activities
• Proper administration, reporting and documentation of farm activities
• Develop and prepare the annual operating budget
• Overseeing the research activities and carry out experiments on the farm
• Track stock of farm supplies, equipment and place orders where necessary
• Arranging the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment
• Establish and manage the livestock component at SAT farm (Animal Management and production, Animal breeding and nutrition, Pasture management, Marketing of animals and animal products, conduct Animal production projections, Administrative, planning and advisory responsibilities.)
• Conduct trainings for farmers in villages and at the farmer training centre in Vianzi
• Maintaining and monitoring the quality of yield, whether livestock or crops
• Understanding the implications of the weather and making contingency plans
• Monitoring animal health and welfare, including liaising with vets
• Maintaining a knowledge of pests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat them
• Applying health and safety standards across the farm estate
• Protecting the environment and maintaining biodiversity
• Keeping farm records up to date.
• Active representative of SAT and attend conferences
• Performing any other duties related to his/her work as assigned by his/her leader.
Skills and qualifications:
Masters of Science in Agriculture or related field from a reputable institution. Minimum 3 years of relevant experience on a managerial position. Knowledge of Animal Science and health is an added advantage.
Application has to be sent in soft copy to the director (Email address firstname.lastname@example.org). CV including current contacts of three references (one of whom should be the immediate employer), copies of relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonials and current and expected remuneration all to be submitted before 12.00 noon 15th May 2017. We value all applications but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. If you don’t hear from us after 30th May 2017, consider yourself unsuccessful. Qualified and interested female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Source: Nipashe 8 May, 2017