MTWARA SOCIETY AGAINST POVERTY (MSOAPO)
Job Title: Assistant accountant (1 post)
Reports to: Chief accountant
Overall job function:
Working under the supervision of the Senior Accountant, the Accountant will assist in the day- to- day accounting and financial activities and offer support to implementation of the organization’s accounting policies and procedures, posting of data and preparation of all payments.
MSOAPO is seeking to recruit a dynamic and strategic individual to fill the position of assistant accountant.The incumbent will oversee the overall management and performance of organization projects and will be accountable to senior accountant. The applicant must be outstanding integrity, with a track record of successfully implementing organization strategies.
• To assist the Chief accountant in coordinating and supervising all the financial functions of the program and the project. This shall include the timely preparation and submission of all program financial and accounting reports and documents including cash books, payment vouchers, bank reconciliation statements, budget compliance reports and any other financial reports that may be required by MSOAPO projects and to submit such reports in compliance with the reporting requirements.
• To advise management on the formulation, review and implementation of policies that enhance the financial viability, effective cost management and optimized resource mobilization and utilization.
• To implement the existing internal financial controls of the organization and the project and to advise the management if additional controls are required
• To be proactive in the development and implementation of sound accounting and financial management systems and procedures for the organization for the organization based on standard accounting principles
• To coordinate all project finances and the preparation, implementation and control of the annual and any supplementary budgets of the organization
• To review purchase orders prepared by the project staff and to facilitate procurement of office supplies, equipment, furniture and services
• To ensure compliance with the procurement policies and guidelines of the organization.
• To maintain an up to date register of the assets and stores of the organization and to ensure proper accountability of the same including proper use and custody of the properties of the organization such as consumable office items and fuel to motor vehicles
• To ensure that the recommendations made or issues raised by the internal and external auditors are implemented or addressed without delay
• To cooperate with external auditors to ensure that within three months of the end of each financial year, draft accounts of the preceding financial year are submitted for audit
• Diploma or Degree holder in accountancy
• Work experience in Donor funded Projects work for at least 2 years
• Experience in Various Accounting software packages for both International and local finance requirement including GAAP requirements, WebERP, quickbooks, etc
• Possession of CPA will be an added advantage
• Experience/interest to work in rural environment.
o Good judgment in analyzing data and information
o Knowledge of computerized accounting systems
o Computer skills in other computer packages such as MS Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access
o Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadline
o Honest and possessing a high level of integrity
If you believe that you are the right candidate of this position, kindly submit your application with details’ Cover letter, CV, Photocopies of your Academic Certificates,name of three Referees with their contacts, state your current position, your e-mail address and telephone contacts. We only accept hard copies applications that have to be submitted direct to the MSOAPO head office located at Skoya business grounds, Mtwara Municipality or through EMS/postmaster before the close of the business 20th February 2018 15:00 hrs;
Mtwara Society Against Poverty (MSOAPO),
P.O. Box 423,
We respect all candidates but we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.
MSOAPO is an equal opportunity employer, women are highly encouraged to apply