Finance Officer (Tanzania Nationals Only) - Tanzania
Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
NRC is therefore seeking a Finance Officer for the NRC Office in Kibondo-Kigoma, Tanzania. The Finance Officer will report to the Support Manager.
To apply for this position please go to NRC website at www.nrc.no and follow the "VACANCIES" link.
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
1. Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level
2. Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
3. Prepare and submit reports and analysis
4. Ensure proper filing of all support documents
5. Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings
6. Supervision and capacity building of staff under supervision
7. Ensure that the accounting, monitoring and reporting are according to procedures
8. Support project staff in financial matters
9. Maintain budget control and monitor cash flow for the area
10. Ensure timely payment of staff salaries, incentives, contractors, suppliers and other expenditures
11. Ensure that country Operations adhere to global and local Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor and auditor requirements
12. Training of line managers and staff with financial responsibilities
13. Prepare Budgets during proposal preparation in cooperation with Program.
14. Verify PR/PO/BAS and vouchers and supporting documents meet NRC standards before payment
15. Participate on procurement committee meeting and make sure procurement are made in line with NRC guideline.
16. Ensure timely payment of staff salaries, contractors, suppliers and other expenditures
17. Review and Post financial data in Agresso on daily basis.
18. Ensure all transactions are booked by the end of the month and prepare the draft reports for Head office (Balance reconciliation, budget monitoring and project summary).
19. Ensure all taxes and pension payable on monthly basis.
20. Monitor budgets regularly and inform/advice the Area /Support Manager on the status of spending.
21. Ensure proper filing of support documents monthly.
22. Support in preparation of Annual and donor Audit.
23. Support Area /Support Manager and project staff in financial verification and preparation of donor reports.
24. Support in the implementation of the anti-corruption policy
• Minimum BA in accounting plus CPA certificate with four years’ experience working as a Finance Officer or above in a humanitarian/recovery context preferable INGO. At least two years of experience in supervising staff
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
• Finance / Economics
• College / University, Bachelor's degree
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Strict attention to policy and practice detail
• Very strong financial analysis skills
• High integrity
• Good knowledge of financial reporting systems in donor funded work specifically UNHCR
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Ability to function independently and as a work team leader/facilitator
• Excellent computer skills with hands on experience on computerized accounting systems; and Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Financial software aggressor preferable
• Travel: Some travelling must be expected
TO APPLY CLICK HERE