Position: SITE SUPERVISORS
Location: TANGA 1, CHALINZE 1
On Behalf of our reputable Client, Melva International limited is urgently looking for high performing Site Supervisors who will assess and manage safety hazards in the workplace, managing and instructing the site workers, setting goals for the team, and seeing projects through to completion.
– Accomplishes construction human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
– Manages sub-contractors by locating, evaluating, and selecting sub-contractors; monitoring and controlling performance.
– Meets operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying construction management system improvements.
– Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions; providing non-project annual operating and capital budget information.
– Accomplishes construction project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders.
– Approves construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases; obtaining approvals from buyers.
– Prevents fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing, codes.
– Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
– Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging construction practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
– Enhances organization status by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
i. Bachelor Degree/Advanced Diploma in Civil Engineering or any related field
ii. 1-3 years of Experience in construction companies
iii. Managerial Skills
iv. Project management skills
v. Monitoring and evaluation
Candidates with the above qualifications should send their CVs to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 19th November 2018.
Only Qualified Candidates will be contacted.