Job Ref: 2942
Job Title: Common Service Assistant
Salary: 21,295,170.00 TSH per annum
Vacancy type: Indeterminate
This position is a LES (Locally Engaged Staff) position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Tanzania.
Location:Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Closing date for applications: 17-01-2019 At midnight UTC/GMT
Summary of position:
Under the direct supervision of the Common Service Officer the range of duties may include;
• Performing a variety of administrative and financial functions in support of the Common Services section;
• Performing a variety of Property / Procurement activities supporting the Common Services section;
• Supporting ongoing program activities in the Common Services section;
• Responding to requests from internal and external clients by providing general information and/or front line assistance;
• Providing and/or creating information and/or documentation;
• Performing other duties as required.
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
• A degree or diploma, preferably in Business Administration, Management or Accounting, from a recognized university of post-secondary institution
• Fluency in English (oral and written)
• Fluency in Kiswahili (oral and written)
• A minimum of two years’ *recent experience working in an office environment providing general administrative support.
• A minimum of two years’ *recent experience providing client service.
• Experience providing financial administrative services.
• Experience in contracting; working with service providers.
*Recent is defined as within the last 5 years
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• Knowledge of financial and administrative practices and procedures;
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Mail).
• Ability to set priorities, multi-task and manage time/workload effectively;
• Ability to work under pressure according to deadlines;
• Teamwork and cooperation;
• Effective communication – oral and written;
• Sound judgment;
• Adaptability, flexibility;
• Ability to take the initiative and be proactive;
• Discretion and professional integrity
• Attention to detail.
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications in their cover letter and CV.
• Previous experience working in a diplomatic mission, in the Canadian Government or Public Sector Environment or in an international environment
• Oral capability in Canada’s other official language (French)
• Normal work week 37.5 hours (7.5 hours per day)
Monday – Thursday 07:30 – 16:00
Friday 07:30 – 13:00
• Ability and willingness to work overtime when required
• Ability and willingness to travel occasionally
Condition(s) of Employment:
• Any job offer is subject to a Reliability security screening (including a criminal record and credit check).
• Proof of right to work in Tanzania and copies of educational qualifications will be required at the interview stage of the process.
How to apply
• Please follow the link http://wfca-tpce.com/vacancyView.php?requirementId=2942& and complete the online application form.
• Candidates are also required to upload a cover letter and CV in English or French. Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information will be rejected.
• Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to: RSCEMA.Personnel@international.gc.ca prior to the closing date. Failure to so will result in the application being rejected.
Area of selection:
Open to internal and external applicants who are legal residents or citizens of Tanzania, who meet all of the essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date. Please note that the Embassy of Canada to Tanzania does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly. The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other irrelevant factor.
• Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French). Candidates are entitled to participate in the recruitment process in the official language of their choice and to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
• Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
• Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
• Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
• The Embassy of Canada in Tanzania does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• Candidates requiring any special assistance in attending exams or interviews are requested to inform us.
• The results of this recruitment process may also be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for similar openings at the Embassy of Canada in Tanzania which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this recruitment process.
• If you have any questions at any stage of the recruitment process, please send an email to: RSCEMA.Personnel@international.gc.ca
TO APPLY ONLINE CLICK HERE