Academic Policy and Procedure Coordinator
The School of St Jude is an education institution, entirely funded by charitable donations, that provides free, high-quality primary and secondary scholarships to 1,800 of the poorest and brightest students in the Tanzanian region of Arusha.
We are looking to appoint an Academic Policy and Procedure Coordinator to ensure that all Primary and Secondary Policies, Procedures and documentation is updated and in a clear and concise manner.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for youth work, career support and a strong interest in NGOs.
In consultation with the Deputy Director:
• Set meetings with Academic Leaders and other relevant staff in primary and secondary to update and document all policies.
• Liaise with business and support team leaders to ensure the policies align with each other.
• Identify areas needing policy development.
• Submit the draft policies to the Deputy Director.
• Meet with the relevant academic teams to discuss and document school procedures in a clear and concise manner and are in line with the Academic Policies.
• Submit all draft procedures to the Deputy Director.
• Periodically suggest improvements to the departments’ procedures and submit to supervisor for approval.
• Meet fortnightly with the Deputy Director to update on progress of all key tasks.
• Send monthly updates to the Deputy Director.
• Participate in house checks as requested by Community Relations team.
• Whenever travelling on school transportation, the employee is expected to help ensure the good behaviour and safety of students and employees.
• Participate and support fellow staff in school mission related activities such as all school celebration and special event days throughout the year.
• Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Deputy Director/Founder.
Key Result Areas
• Up to date academic policy and procedure manuals.
• Document policies and procedures in a clear and concise manner for all to understand.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
• Excellent organisational skills
• Knowledge and understanding of the Education sector
• Ability to think and plan strategically
• Experience in Policy Development
• Excellent written and spoken English is mandatory
Interested Candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their CV accompanied by a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be sent by 25th January, 2019. SUBJECT LINE MUST INCLUDE THE REFERENCE NUMBER: REF: TSOSJ/HR/ADM/BSJ/01/19
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
At a glance
• Applications close 25 January 2019
• Ongoing commitment
How to apply
Complete the following:
• Cover letter
• Curriculum Vitae
Email the documents to email@example.com