Job Title: Drivers -Itilima & Karatu
Fixed term, Full-time
Purpose of the position:
- To drive WVT vehicles so as to facilitate staff/visitor movements as assigned by Senior Transport Officer and keep the vehicle clean and in good working condition
- Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- To keep vehicle clean, in good condition for use and take care of all tool kit
- Drive all WVT vehicle and ensure that fuel, oil, water, tires and general state of the car has been checked before use
- Maintain log book for each and every trip
- Ensure that vehicles is serviced as planned
- To ensure all visitors sign the child protection forms as soon as they are picked up.
- To ensure that the vehicle is not overloaded either by people or luggage
- Report any adverse observation of a vehicle to Senior Transport Officer
- Remind/advice Senior Transport Officer to matters pertaining to services and repairs of vehicles
Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Minimum Qualification required: Form Four with a valid class C driving license
- Experience: 3 years in driving
- Preferred: Form Four with NIT Advanced Driving Certificate
- Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate in English and good command of Kiswahili
- Good relationship with other staff
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Office-based with regular travel to the field
Travel: 15% Domestic travel is required.
The post Job Opportunities at World Vision International, DRIVERS-Itilima & Karatu appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.