Local Content Specialist
African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in mechanised hard rock underground mining. AUMS is part of Perenti (Formerly theAusdrill Group), an ASX 200 company and Australia’s second largest integrated mining services provider. We are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with Barminco we operate across Africa in Tanzania, Egypt, Ghana, and Burkina Faso and in Australia and India. We are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance.
The collective talent and expertise of our workforce is the key to our success, and we are looking for talented people to join our business. We seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to our company values and dedicated to helping our clients.
In return, we provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects in Australia and Overseas. We look forward to receiving your application for the following position.
Local Content Specialist
Geita Gold Mine, Geita
The purpose of the Local Content Specialist is to plan and implement policies and procedures that will enable AUMS to comply with Tanzanian local content laws and ensure AUMS’s sustainability as a preferred underground mining contractor within Tanzania.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must ensure that all relevant legal requirements related to local content are adhered to across the supply chain function and accurate reports provided to the relevant authorities.
- Keep abreast of all relevant government guidelines and legislation.
- Raise legislative changes and non-compliance with the management team, providing solutions for changes requiring implementation.
- Coordinate the compilation of the periodic reports from other functions into a predetermined template.
- Seek opportunities for improvement in relation to Training, Research and Development, Investments in Infrastructure, Immigration and New Technologies that can contribute to the growth ofTanzanian content in the underground mining industry.
- Participate in management meetings and official governmental committee’s related to local content.
- Develop mechanisms and improvements to the periodic reports on local content performance against the statutory requirements.
- Degree qualified in either Legal/Commercial/Supply.
- Previous experience in East African Communities having accountability for Local Content Compliance
- Strong and demonstrable commitment to safety, quality and the continuous improvement in the company’s local content plan.
- 8+ years’ work experience in multinational organisations.
- Must have high level analytical and problem solving skills, along highly developed management skills.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
- Must be able to work independently as required and interact frequently with other functions within the organisation and third parties.
- Must be fluent in English both verbally and written.
- If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to apply.
Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment.
Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email email@example.com Application letters should reach the above on or before 06th January 2020, 18hr00.