UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Placing women’s rights at the centre of all its efforts, the UN Women will lead and coordinate United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It will provide strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
United Nations in Tanzania is a One UN Pilot country, implementing UN Reform through Delivering as One (DaO) with twenty UN agencies operating under One Programme – the UN Development Assistance Plan (UNDAP), UNDAP I (2011-2016) and UNDAP II (2016-2021). Through the UNDAP UN Women supports its partners in implementing and monitoring the international and regional agreements on women’s rights and developing capacity to integrate gender equality into national and regional development strategies, laws and policies. UN Women contributes to results in five of the ten UN Programme Working Groups with staff based in Dar es Salaam .
Reporting to the UN Women Country Representative, the Administrative Associate/Executive Assistant is responsible for providing a variety of executive administrative support to the Country Representative with full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made.
The Administrative Associate/Executive Assistant works in close collaboration with UN Women staff, UN Agencies and national authorities to ensure efficient flow of information, actions on instructions, agendas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide executive support to the UN Women Country Representative
- Manage the UN Women Country Representative’s calendar and schedule of appointments and meetings;
- Arrange travel and hotel accommodations for the UN Women Country Representative;
- Answer and screen calls for the Country Representative with tact and discretion;
- Maintain roster of Country Office contacts.
- Provide administrative support to the UN Women Country Representative
- Provide administrative support for meetings, events, and workshops;
- Organize and attend meetings, prepare minutes and summaries;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare PowerPoint presentations for the Country Representative for meetings, missions, and other key events.
- Provide effective communication and information management support to the Country Representative’s Office
- Facilitate flow of information and communication between the UN Women Country Representative’s Office and other units within or outside of UN Women;
- Review, prioritize, and route correspondence to and from the UN Women Country Representative Office; take proactive follow-up action and keep the Country Representative informed;
- Respond to and/or direct inquiries to appropriate units for timely action/response;
- Draft routine correspondence and interoffice circulars;
- Maintain and organize up to date files for easy access and retrieval. Ensure safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Provide support to the Country Representative Office’s external relations activities
- Facilitate the Country Representative’s interaction with various external partners through written, verbal, and electronic communication, and through collaborative and proactive relationships with counterparts and colleagues in partner offices;
- Meet and greet officials/visitors;
- Ensure protocol matters, receive high ranking visitors/officials, coordinate logistical arrangements related to visits.
- Contribute to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support for effective knowledge management and sharing within the office and other offices/HQs;
- Build and share knowledge and experience related to administrative and operations support.
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example;
- Ability to manage data/schedule, documents, correspondence, reports, and maintain protocol and information flow;
- Knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature;
- Ability to create, edit, and present information in clear format, using appropriate IT functionality;
- Ability to administer administrative processes.
Required Skills And Experience
- Completion of secondary education is required;
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or public administration is an asset.
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience with administrative, secretarial or program experience;
- Experience in the use of computer applications, software packages such as Microsoft Office, and web-based management systems; is an asset;
- Experience with the ATLAS system is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
UNWOMEN is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Vacancy End Date 31/12/2019 (Midnight New York, USA)
The post Job Opportunity at UN Women, Administration Support appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.