- Design and implement agriculture projects and trainings to promote successful harvest for farmers. Ensure quality control of agricultural trials and core program activities.
- Select crops, seed varieties, soils, pesticides and sprayers. Ensure that inputs comply with legal requirements.
- Determine training needs, design and ensure implementation of trainings and
- Trial new crops, seed varieties, and soils, conduct agricultural research and write research reports for current and proposed agriculture activities.
- Analyze past season harvest to propose changes in product offerings.
- Maintain positive relationships with partners related to agriculture information and input sourcing.
- Mentor and manage the local agriculture field teams, including creating extensive training materials, developing work plans, reviewing work deliverables, and providing value-added feedback
MODE OF APPLICATION: APPLY ONLINE
Stay abreast of agricultural trends, innovations, changing conditions
- A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro
- A masters in an agronomy discipline with preferably 5 years work experience or a Bachelors of Science in Agriculture with 7years of equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience conducting and monitoring field trials or a minimum of 2 years of farming experience
- Analytical and detail oriented, able to make decisions based on quantitative and qualitative assessments
- Excellent project management skills, organizational aptitude, delegation and follow-up, takes ownership –work experience and prior management experience – preferably including background in building and expanding programs. Please also note that the ability to work with the speed and flexibility of a start-up versus an academic environment is crucial to this role.
- Strong verbal communication skills with an ability to translate technical agriculture verbiage into accessible language
- Ability to identify talent, train and cultivate employees
- Ability to balance financial sustainability with social impact goals
- English proficiency written and oral, and at least one other national language
- Flexible to changing priorities; work under pressure especially in a start-up context
- Coachable, growth oriented and open to new ways of doing things
- Creative and versatile approach to problem-solving; solution-oriented
How to apply
If you think you are the right candidate we are looking for, please submit your CV along with a cover letter to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 09th January, 2020.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
The post New Job Opportunity at myAgro Farms Tanzania – Program Manager, Agriculture appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.