MODE OF APPLICATION: APPLY ONLINE
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide executive support to the UN Women Country Representative
- Manage the UN Women Country Representative’s calendar and schedule of appointments and meetings;
- Arrange travel and hotel accommodations for the UN Women Country Representative;
- Answer and screen calls for the Country Representative with tact and discretion;
- Maintain roster of Country Office contacts.
- Provide administrative support to the UN Women Country Representative
- Provide administrative support for meetings, events, and workshops;
- Organize and attend meetings, prepare minutes and summaries;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare PowerPoint presentations for the Country Representative for meetings, missions, and other key events.
- Provide effective communication and information management support to the Country Representative’s Office
- Facilitate flow of information and communication between the UN Women Country Representative’s Office and other units within or outside of UN Women;
- Review, prioritize, and route correspondence to and from the UN Women Country Representative Office; take proactive follow-up action and keep the Country Representative informed;
- Respond to and/or direct inquiries to appropriate units for timely action/response;
- Draft routine correspondence and interoffice circulars;
- Maintain and organize up to date files for easy access and retrieval. Ensure safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Provide support to the Country Representative Office’s external relations activities
- Facilitate the Country Representative’s interaction with various external partners through written, verbal, and electronic communication, and through collaborative and proactive relationships with counterparts and colleagues in partner offices;
- Meet and greet officials/visitors;
- Ensure protocol matters, receive high ranking visitors/officials, coordinate logistical arrangements related to visits.
- Contribute to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support for effective knowledge management and sharing within the office and other offices/HQs;
- Build and share knowledge and experience related to administrative and operations support.
Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
Creative Problem Solving;
Leading by Example;
Ability to manage data/schedule, documents, correspondence, reports, and maintain protocol and information flow;
Knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
Ability to perform work of confidential nature;
Ability to create, edit, and present information in clear format, using appropriate IT functionality;
Ability to administer administrative processes.
Required Skills and Experience
Completion of secondary education is required;
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or public administration is an asset.
At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience with administrative, secretarial or program experience;
Experience in the use of computer applications, software packages such as Microsoft Office, and web-based management systems; is an asset;
Experience with the ATLAS system is an asset.
Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required;
Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
UNWOMEN is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The post New Job Opportunity at UN Women – Tanzania, Administration Support appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.